Password Generator is a plugin written by Outerbridge which adds a widget to WordPress which generates various length random passwords (with or without special characters).
Install automatically through the ‘Plugins’, ‘Add New’ menu in WordPress, or upload the ‘outerbridge-password-generator’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. If your theme supports widgets then the password generator widget will be available in the ‘Widgets’ section of the
Test the widget by creating a new password using the options available in the dropdown boxes.
Updates are automatic. Click on “Upgrade Automatically” if prompted from the admin menu. If you ever have to manually upgrade, simply deactivate, uninstall, and repeat the installation steps with the new version.
- Where do I get help with this plugin?
Email us and we’ll do our best to help you out.
- I have an idea as to a new feature. Are you interested?
You bet! We’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch.
Contributors & Developers
“Outerbridge Password Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- (29 Aug 2014) Tested and stable up to WP4.0
- (30 Apr 2014) Tested and stable up to WP3.9
- (12 Dec 2013) Tested and stable up to WP3.8 and updated author name
- (03 Jan 2012) Tested and stable up to WP3.3
- (27 Aug 2011) Initial Release