Automatically toggle the parent categories when a sub category is selected.
- Tested with WP 4.4
- Only load plugin assets on post (CPT included) new/edit pages in wp-admin ( Props bishoya )
- Verify working with WP 4.0 Alpha
- Updated functionality to 3.7.1
- Added filter super_category_toggler to control which taxonomies will automagically toggle ( Props guar )
- Plugin maint taken over by Ben Lobaugh due to abandonment
- Tested up to version updated
- Bumped back into the repository
- Unzip the zip package in your plugin folder
- Activate it in your wp-admin menu 🙂
- Can I control which categories automatically toggle?
Absolutely! version 1.2 introduced a filter called super_category_toggler.
Pass back an array of categories you want to toggle and the rest will be excluded
Does exactly what it says
Some actions on my posts are triggered with use the parent categories (if in_category() …). I forgot to set the parent category so many times, but that’s over now… 🙂
Helps keep our users/authors in line. Does exactly what it needs to do by highlighting the parent category when selecting a child. Thanks!
Thank the author. [Expletive deleted] the ridiculous mechanism of WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Parent Category Toggler” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors