Embed 360° Panoramas on your site with PanoPress
PanoPress is a free WordPress plugin for displaying 360 degree panoramas created with KRPano, Pano2VR, Kolor Panotour & Panotour Pro, Flash Panorama Player & Flashificator, PTGui, Saladoplayer & similar apps, and also displays legacy QTVR files in flash via CuTy (CuTy must be downloaded separately).
Supports Flash & HTML5 Panoramas
PanoPress supports Flash & HTML5 panoramas created by the applications listed above, PanoPress is fully compatible with Apple’s iPad & iPhone, as well as Android and similar mobile or tablet devices which support HTML5 or Flash, PanoPress will also support WebGL Panoramas when they are supported by Krpano & Pano2VR later in 2013
Supports all modern 360° Panorama and other stitched image formats
PanoPress is compatible with 360° spherical panoramas, partial panoramas, flat panoramas, 360 degree video, gigapixel, multi res, & deep zoom panoramas, 360° object movies, virtual tours containing multiple panoramas linked via hotspots and audio or video, custom xml files, global swf+js & skin files, panoramas hosted on another server including Amazon S3 & other CDN, VPS, & other cloud services, and more.
Supports responsive wordpress themes and modern web browsers on desktop, tablets & mobile
PanoPress is compatible with all modern desktop and mobile browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, as well as iPad & other tablets and all iPhone & Android browsers.
PanoPress 1.1 and higher supports percentage and pixel based widths & heights for better compatibility with responsive wordpress themes
Panorama Embedding Options
PanoPress supports direct inline embedding of panoramas, preview images, multiple panoramas on one page can be opened one at a time by automatically closing previously opened panoramas to avoid memory issues on desktop & mobile devices, and our own “PanoBox” built in lightbox clone.
Customize PanoPress to match your site
PanoPress & PanoBox display can be fully customized via CSS
Created by and for Panoramic Photographers
Known Issues / Bugs
See the PanoPress Forums for latest info
- Deactivate the PanoPress plugin using the plugins page in your WordPress admin
- You can install PanoPress by either
- installing directly from your wordpress admin “Install new plugins” area and searching for PanoPress
- or download manually and copy the unzipped
panopressdirectory into your
- Activate PanoPress through the
Pluginspage in WordPress admin area
- Edit the options in
- How do I create panoramas for use with PanoPress ?
First, you must shoot and stitch a panorama, you will need a decent camera capable of manual exposure control, manual focus, and manual white balance setting, a solid tripod and a proper panoramic tripod head like from Nodal Ninja, and probably a good fisheye lens although fisheye is not required but it makes things easier – see the links below for tutorials on how to create a 360 degree panorama and more information on panoramic photography
After shooting your panorama, you will need to stitch it together using a stitching application like PTGui, AutoPano, or Hugin and then you must use another application such as KRPano, Pano2VR, Kolor Panotour or Panotour Pro, Flash Panorama Player & Flashificator, Saladoplayer or similar to create interactive 360° VR Panoramas with Flash or HTML5 for web display and use with PanoPress
- How do I use PanoPress ?
- Install & activate the PanoPress plugin on your WordPress site
- Upload your Panoramas to your site via FTP
- Embed your Panoramas in posts & pages using the PanoPress shortcode
- How do I use the PanoPress shortcode ?
Use the shortcode as below, accepted file types are .swf, .xml, .mov (qtvr) & .html
.htm, .php, etc as well as php queries like .php?=xx and similar file extensions will also work
Preview images may be .jpg or .png
Width & height are in pixels by default, or can optionally be specified as px, %, em, or other standard CSS units
Examples: 800px, 100%, 2.5em, etc, you may mix values like width=”100%” height=”400px”
Note that % width or height will be % of the parent css element, not nessisarily the entire page
File paths in shortcode are either relative to your panorama upload folder as set in panopress settings, or you may use absolute urls
‘[pano file=”my-pano/my-pano.xml” preview=”my-pano/my-pano.jpg”]’
‘[pano file=”my-pano/my-pano.html” preview=”my-pano/my-pano.jpg” panobox=”on”]’
‘[pano file=”my-pano/my-pano.html” preview=”my-pano/my-pano.jpg” width=”100%” height=”500px”]’
See the PanoPress Instructions for more shortcode examples & info
Very useful, it’s a pity it’s abandoned… =/
thanks for this great plugin
Contributors & Developers
“PanoPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add support for Pano2VR 4 tour.
- Improve CSS @media queries support.
- Add support for image & galleries in Panobox.
- Add HTML5 full-screen support for Panobox on mobile devices.
- Fixed mouse-wheel bug.
- Fixed PHP safe_mode bug.
- Fixed PHP allow_url_fopen bug.
- Fixed sub-folder tinyMCE editor box bug
- Fixed HTML5 full-screen KRPano and Pano2VR.
- Security & compatibility updates.
- Add support for CSS units in Panopress & Panobox, supported units: px|em|ex|%|in|cm|mm|pt|pc, the default unit is pixels.
- PanoBox will now resize itself when the window get resized or turned (panos only)
- Flash background color bug fix.
- CuTy location check added.
- Improve Android support.
- Update Google Analytics code.
- If using Panobox in fullscreen with wmode set to auto, pb well be dispalyed in window mode for better performance on large screens.
- Change ‘Use WordPress upload folder’ checkbox script, when unchecked, it will select the input text (not delete it).
- Admin CSS, disabled inputs now grayed out.
- Fixed krpano single swf dispaly (flash externalinterface bug).
- ‘No skin’ bug in iPad Pano2VR fixed.
- Internet Explorer 8-9 compatibility problems fixed.
- Spaces in file names support.
- ‘Only one active panorama per page’: when no preview image PP will play the first pano on the page.
- Panobox CSS improved.
- Add PP_FILE_TYPE_FILTERING flag in panopress.php, to allow deactivate file type filtering.
- Add support for trailing slash in URLs.
- Add Esc key press to close Panobox.
- Add link to settings in plugins page.
- PanoTour support.
- iPhone/iPad preview.
- Pano2VR HTML5 skin support.
- Support for remote server content.
- Mouse-wheel support.
- User CSS support.
- Flash window-mode customization.
- Play button removal option.
- Panobox multi-panos browsing.
- More Panobox styles & options.
- Google Analytics integration.
- “One-pano-per-page” control.
- New Settings panel.
- Support for PHP’s “curl” when “allow_url_fopen” is disabled.
- Pano2VR HTML5 path issue (thanks Thomas!)
- ‘get flash’ error on iPhone/iPad.
- Panobox: a lightweight customizable built in lightbox clone.
- CuTy: flash support for QTVR files using Aldo Hoeben‘s CuTy viewer.
- CSS styling: customize panopress to match your site.
- ‘Please do not load this page directly’ bug on setting page fixed.
- PP now works on sites installed on subfolders.
- PHP version testing and reporting.
- File permission testing and reporting.
- Full support for Flash Panorama Player (FPP).
- XML checking and error reporting (admin mode only)
- Built-in notification will let you know when a new version is available.
- Better documentation.
- The ‘KRPano folder is now called ‘Global Viewer folder’ and can be used for FPP files as well.
- ‘WP media integration’ checkbox was removed, it is now permanently active, WP media upload allows swf file uploads through your web browser in addition to via ftp
- Fixed bug in image path with Pano2vr 3.0 multires folder.