It may be useful when you need to attach many images to the same post. This plugin divides your wordpress gallery into several dynamic pages. It can works in two ways: modifying the
[gallery] shortcode output or do not affect it when you use
[pgallery] shortcode instead. The following settings of the plugin are available: number of images per page, hide or show edit attachment link, and the same as in standard wordpress gallery: number of columns, preview size, link from preview, tags of items, captions and previews, sort order, exclude some attachments.
Note that if you set the plugin to [pgallery] mode then you may use both [gallery] and [pgallery] shortcodes in your blog. For instanse, you may apply another plugin to replace standard [gallery] output. When activating first, the Paged Gallery plugin is set to [gallery] mode.
Here is a sample of using this plugin Chernihiv Photos.
paged-galleryfolder to the plugins directory (usually
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress, then ‘Paged Gallery’ settings link appears in the Mediafiles submenu.
- Set desirable options of the plugin at the Paged Gallery settings page.
- How to paste images into a post/page?
[pgallery](without quotes) in your post, or specify individual settings:
[gallery perpage=”12″ columns=”3″ link=”attachment” id=”123″]
(where 123 is ID of another post with attachments), or
[gallery perpage=”20″ columns=”4″ itemtag=”div” icontag=”span” captiontag=”p” link=”file”]
- How to exclude some images from gallery?
[pgallery exclude="10,11,12"]where 10, 11, 12 are the IDs of images.
Contributors & Developers
“Paged Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Exclude one or several attachments works now.
- Corrected a bug in dynamic pages links.
- Istallation from WordPress blog admin panel available now.
- First public version.