Category Pages & Posts Shortcodes offers helpful shortcodes to display a post or page content, or a list of posts.
It also allow an exclusive relationship between a Category and a Page, in order to display the page content as “header” of category archives, with a simple php tag.
You can safely use shortcodes inside a post or a page, you can embed them in your templates or in your sidebar
using the do_shortcode WordPress function, like that:
<?php do_shortcode('[showsingle <options>"]'); ?>
- Download the plugin, unzip, upload folder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Look for the documentation on the official wiki and learn how to use it.
- Check in the forum if something feels wrong, but please triple check it before posting a new question.
- Enjoy your brand new shortcodes!
- Is this plugin supported?
We’ll try our best to support it on the support forum but we can’t assure response time.
If you rely on this plugin for production websites and you can’t have an answer please get in touch with our helpdesk: open source plugins support starts from $5/hour, 24h turnaround response time (please note we are GMT+1).
- How can I modify my theme?
You can find this and more info on the official wiki.
- How to show all the posts of a certain category in one page?
[showlist catid=”” length=””]
where category_ID is your category number and number_of_posts is a number higher than your category posts count.
Again, you can find this and more info on the official wiki.
Contributors & Developers
“Page2cat: Category, Pages & Posts Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- (23/05/2013) FIX activation/version issues
- (21/05/2013) FIX object caching issue (props arodeus)
- (20/05/2013) FIX rendering bug
- (10/04/2013) FIX do_shortcode on content (props Xmod08 + MRLR2)
- (21/05/2013) NEW more/better CSS styling support
- (21/04/2013) NEW online documentation & code examples
- (20/04/2013) NEW admin sections / options
- (02/02/2013) NEW initial test support
- (11/11/2012) FIX Warning on admin Page area.
- (11/11/2012) FIX Better headers and descriptions
- (11/11/2012) FIX [showauto] formatting and styles
- (11/11/2012) Fix error on the admin Page area.
- (10/11/2012) Better descriptions in edit-page and edit-category forms
- (10/11/2012) Fix links
- (04/11/2012) showlist query fix.
- (03/11/2012) [showlist] shortcode fix, category › page link restored.
- (30/10/2012) Complete rewrite for WordPress 3.4+