Page Views Count does 2 things – beautifully
On the front end it adds an icon and page views count to the bottom of pages and posts on your WordPress website.
On the back end via check boxes you can apply or hide Page Views Count on all Posts, Pages and all custom posts types including WooCommerce and WP e-Commerce custom post types.
Why we built it
We built this plugin and use this plugin because we think its is very good visual feedback for site users and site admins about the all time popularity and visits that day of individual posts and pages on any WordPress website.
Using the 2 functions the plugin provides that allows you to manually add view counts to any content or object in your theme. This is very useful if your theme or a plugin creates content that does not use custom post type. Also useful if you want to change the position of the Page View Count from the default bottom of the page. Support for echo and return parameters when getting visitor stats on any variable.
Featuring Sass (Simply Awesome Stylesheets)
- All the front end style display is created via Sass for faster loader and render.
- Sass is the most mature, stable, and powerful professional grade CSS extension language in the world.
- This plugins backend admin panel are created in Sass.
- All front end functions build with backbone.js
- Will add full automatic integration with WordPress JSON RESTful API when it is released.
Mobile Responsive App style admin interface
- 100% compatible with WordPress v4.0 admin interface.
- Backward compatibility to WordPress v3.8
- Sass app style admin interface.
- Admin app interface is fully mobile and tablet responsive.
If you do a translation for your site please send it to us and we’ll include it in the plugins language folder and credit you here with the translation and a link to your site.
- English (default) – always included.
- Dutch – thanks to Renee Klein
- Italian – thanks to Antonio Petricca
- Indonesian – thanks to Ridha Harwan
- .pot file (page-views-count.pot) in languages folder for translations.
- Go here to send your translation files to us.
Documentation & Support
If you require support first of all please view the plugins docs on the a3rev wiki. Click Here to view If you don’t find the information you are looking for – THEN please post your support request under the support tab here on this page. If the Page View Count gadget does not show on any page or post it will be because the theme you are using does not use the WordPress Codex not because the plugin does not work.
PLEASE do not give the plugin a bad star rating – its the theme you are using not the plugin. Instead post about it on the support forum and we will have a look at it for you.
Install and activate the plugin
Go to Settings > Page View Count
Select which post and page types you want the Page View Count to show on.
- WordPress 3.8
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Page Views Count, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Page Views Count” and click Search Plugins. Once you have found our plugin you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves down loading our plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installations wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Every time I refresh the post, it increases by 5.
Works perfectly, just install, configure and let it be.
Fantastic plugin and it looks great. Nice graphics and animation.
Everything is awesome. but one thing I want to say…….the looking view would more stylish…….
Contributors & Developers
“Page View Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.4.0 – 2016/04/15
- Feature – Define new ‘Background Color’ type on plugin framework with ON | OFF switch to disable background or enable it
- Feature – Define new function – hextorgb() – for convert hex color to rgb color on plugin framework
- Feature – Define new function – generate_background_color_css() – for export background style code on plugin framework that is used to make custom style
- Tweak – Register fontawesome in plugin framework with style name is ‘font-awesome-styles’
- Tweak – Saved the time number into database for one time customize style and Save change on the Plugin Settings
- Tweak – Replace version number by time number for dynamic style file are generated by Sass to solve the issue get cache file on CDN server
- Tweak – Update core style and script of plugin framework for support Background Color type
- Tweak – Update plugin framework to latest version
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.5
1.3.2 – 2015/12/10
- Tweak – Upgrade media uploader to New UI of WordPress media uploader with WordPress Backbone and Underscore
- Tweak – Update the uploader script to save the Attachment ID and work with New Uploader
- Tweak – Updated a3 Plugin Framework to the latest version
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.4
1.3.1 – 2015/11/27
- Fix – Don’t include the script and styles from plugin framework on Post, Page Edit to fix the conflict with TinyMCE
- Fix – Don’t convert the total views to number format so they can save into the database when edit total views
1.3.0 – 2015/10/14
- Feature – Add Page View Counter meta box on post, pages and custom post edit pages.
- Feature – Switch Counter ON or OFF from the new meta box controller, individually from the global settings
- Feature – Set and edit the All Total Views and Today Views for each item from the new View Counter meta box
- Feature – Add new feature for show Counter from the Excerpt Content, this option support for admin to turn the Counter ON or OFF for the homepage, Front Page, archives page, category pages
- Tweak – Change Text Domain of plugin to Plugin slug
- Tweak – Added Text Domain and Domain Path to the plugin header
- Tweak – Change file name of languages files inside /laguages/ folder from ‘pvc’ to ‘page-views-count’, so if you have make your language file then just simple rename file from ‘pvc.mo’ to ‘page-views-count.mo’
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.3.1
1.2.1 – 2015/08/22
- Tweak – include new CSSMin lib from https://github.com/tubalmartin/YUI-CSS-compressor-PHP-port into plugin framework instead of old CSSMin lib from http://code.google.com/p/cssmin/ , to avoid conflict with plugins or themes that have CSSMin lib
- Tweak – make __construct() function for ‘Compile_Less_Sass’ class instead of using a method with the same name as the class for compatibility on WP 4.3 and is deprecated on PHP4
- Tweak – change class name from ‘lessc’ to ‘a3_lessc’ so that it does not conflict with plugins or themes that have another Lessc lib
- Tweak – Plugin Framework DB query optimization. Refactored settings_get_option call for dynamic style elements, example typography, border, border_styles, border_corner, box_shadow
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.3.0
- Fix – Update the plugin framework for setup correct default settings on first installed
- Fix – Update the plugin framework for reset to correct default settings when hit on ‘Reset Settings’ button on each settings tab
1.2.0 – 2015/06/18
- Feature – Plugin framework Mobile First focus upgrade
- Feature – Massive improvement in admin UI and UX in PC, tablet and mobile browsers
- Feature – Introducing opening and closing Setting Boxes on admin panels.
- Feature – Added Plugin Framework Customization settings. Control how the admin panel settings show when editing.
- Feature – Added a 260px wide images to the right sidebar for support forum link, Documentation links.
- Feature – Added full support for Right to Left RTL layout on plugins admin dashboard.
- Fix – Check ‘request_filesystem_credentials’ function, if it does not exists then require the core php lib file from WP where it is defined
1.1.0 – 2015/06/03
- Tweak – Security Hardening. Removed all php file_put_contents functions in the plugin framework and replace with the WP_Filesystem API
- Tweak – Security Hardening. Removed all php file_get_contents functions in the plugin framework and replace with the WP_Filesystem API
- Fix – Update dynamic stylesheet url in uploads folder to the format
//domain.com/so it’s always is correct when loaded as http or https
1.0.9 – 2015/05/30
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.2
- Localization – Italian translation by Antonio Petricca.
- Localization – Indonesian translation by Ridha Harwan.
1.0.8 – 2015/04/21
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.0
- Tweak – Update style of plugin framework. Removed the [data-icon] selector to prevent conflict with other plugins that have font awesome icons
- Feature – Next step in full conversion of plugin to backbone.js and Sass – full admin panel conversion from CSS to Sass.
188.8.131.52 – 2014/09/13
- Tweak – Added WordPress plugin icon.
- Fix – Changed
dirname( __FILE__ )for Sass script so that on some server
__DIR__is not defined
184.108.40.206 – 2014/09/10
- Tweak – Updated google font face in plugin framework.
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WordPress Version 4.0
- Fix – Use correct variable $postid instead of $post->ID for ‘custom_stats_update_echo()’ function to fix the problem don’t auto increase total view for use template tag ”
220.127.116.11 – 2014/07/22
- Fix – Add missed style when disable AJAX load for view counts
18.104.22.168 – 2014/07/22
- Fix – Add missed style for class .pvc_clear in Sass
1.0.6 – 2014/07/21
- Feature – Beginning of conversion of the plugin to backbone.js and Sass
- Feature – Loads superfast on frontend with substantially less calls to the server making it very lightweight and super fast.
- Feature – On Category extract pages plugin now only calls once to admin-ajax.php regardless of how many extract view counts are shown.
- Feature – Upgrade Page View Count front end count and load function to backbone.js
- Feature – Upgraded plugins front end CSS to Sass.
1.0.5 – 2014/06/27
- Feature – Added load Counter on front end by Ajax option to prevent count being cached by caching plugins.
- Tweak – added ajax event ‘pvc_ajax_load_stats’ and trigger $(“body”).trigger(“pvc_stats_loaded_” + pvc_object_id ); for that event
- Tweak – added ajax event ‘pvc_ajax_update_stats’ and trigger $(“body”).trigger(“pvc_stats_updated_” + post_id ); for that event
- Tweak – use $wpdb->prepare() for all sql command for security
- Tweak – Updated chosen js script to latest version 1.1.0 on the a3rev Plugin Framework
- Tweak – Added support for placeholder feature for input, email , password , text area types.
- Tweak – Added Russiian translation thanks to Renat Nurlyev
22.214.171.124 – 2014/05/26
- Tweak – Changed add_filter( ‘gettext’, array( $this, ‘change_button_text’ ), null, 2 ); to add_filter( ‘gettext’, array( $this, ‘change_button_text’ ), null, 3 );
- Tweak – Update change_button_text() function from ( $original == ‘Insert into Post’ ) to ( is_admin() && $original === ‘Insert into Post’ )
- Tweak – Checked and updated for full compatibility with WordPress version 3.9.1
- Tweak – Updated plugins description text and admin panel yellow sidebar text.
- Tweak – Updated Framework help text font for consistency.
- Tweak – Added remove_all_filters(‘mce_external_plugins’); before call to wp_editor to remove extension scripts from other plugins.
- Tweak – Full WP_DEBUG ran, all uncaught exceptions, errors, warnings, notices and php strict standard notices fixed.
- Tweak – Added PHP Public Static to functions in Class. Done so that Public Static warnings don’t show in DE_BUG mode.
- Fix – Code tweaks to fix a3 Plugins Framework conflict with WP e-Commerce tax rates.
126.96.36.199 – 2013/12/24
- Feature – a3rev Plugin Framework admin interface upgraded to 100% Compatibility with WordPress v3.8.0 with backward compatibility.
- Feature – Feature – a3rev framework 100% mobile and tablet responsive, portrait and landscape viewing.
- Feature – Added option of return parameter to existing echo for getting page view stats on any variable.
- Tweak – Upgraded dashboard switches to Vector based display that shows when WordPress version 3.8.0 is activated.
- Tweak – Tweak – Upgraded all plugin .jpg icons and images to Vector based display for full compatibility with new WordPress version.
- Tweak – Admin panel Yellow sidebar not show in Mobile screens to optimize admin panel screen space.
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WP 3.8.0
- Fix – Upgraded array_textareas type for Padding, Margin settings on the a3rev plugin framework.
188.8.131.52 – 2013/10/14
- Tweak – Fixed typos on admin panel.
- Fix – Conflict with new version of WordPress SEO plugin causing duplicate page counts – add_filter( ‘wpseo_opengraph_desc’, array( ‘A3_PVC’, ‘fixed_wordpress_seo_plugin’ ) );
- Fix – Updated Plugin Admin Framework by added array_map( array( $this, ‘admin_stripslashes’ ) , $current_settings ) to strip slashes on value when show on frontend
- Translation – Added Dutch translation thanks to Renee Klein
1.0.4 – 2013/10/10
- Tweak – a3rev logo image now resizes to the size of the yellow sidebar in tablets and mobiles.
- Fix – Intuitive Radio Switch settings not saving. Input with disabled attribute could not parse when form is submitted, replace disabled with custom attribute: checkbox-disabled
- Fix – App interface Radio switches not working properly on Android platform, replace removeProp() with removeAttr() function script
1.0.3 – 2013/10/05
- Feature – Upgraded the plugin to the newly developed a3rev admin panel app interface.
- Feature – New admin UI features check boxes replaced by switches.
- Fix – Plugins admin script and style not loading in Firefox with SSL on admin. Stripped http// and https// protocols so browser will use the protocol that the page was loaded with.
1.0.2 – 2013/08/28
- Feature – Major performance enhancement. All Time Views table data emptied each day on 24 hour cron.
- Featue – Added House Keeping function to settings. Clean up on Deletion. Option – Choose if you ever delete this plugin it will completely remove all tables and data it has created.
- Tweak – Plugin in code tested fully compatible with WordPress v3.6.0
- Tweak – Ran full WP_DEBUG All Uncaught exceptions errors and warnings fixed.
- Tweak – Added PHP Public Static to functions in Class. Done so that PHP Public Static warnings don’t show in WP_DEBUG mode.
- Tweak – Added when install and activate plugin link redirects to the plugins dashboard instead of the wp-plugins dashboard.
- Tweak – Updated plugins support forum link to the wordpress support forum.
1.0.1 – 2013/01/10
- Tweak – Updated Support and Pro Version link URL’s on wordpress.org description, plugins and plugins dashboard. Links were returning 404 errors since the launch of the all new a3rev.com mobile responsive site as the base e-commerce permalinks is changed.
1.0.0 – 2012/12/20
- First Release.