Page Template Dashboard is a simple plugin that let’s you easily survey which template each page is using without
having to load the page editor.
If no template is assigned, then the ‘Default’ template will be rendered; otherwise, the user-friendly name (rather than
the file name) will be displayed.
Finally, the plugin will properly handle the case when a page has a template assigned to it from a previous theme that
does not exist in the current theme
The plugin is also fully internationalized for translation.
For more information or to follow the project, check out the GitHub repository.
Page Template Dashboard…
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ Plugin Dashboard
page-template-dashboard.zipfrom your computer
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugin Dashboard
page-template-dashboard.zipto your computer
- Upload the
page-template-dashboarddirectory to your
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugins dashboard
Does exactly what it says it does and has no settings. It can’t get much better than that.
Plugin is showing my Visual Builder Template as “Default”
When you have too many templates powering your pages, test pages, dev templates, etc. and want to quickly glance at the admin and know which page template is being used for any given page, this plugin did exactly that. Very handy. Thank you!
Contributors & Developers
“Page Template Dashboard” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Verifies WordPress 4.7 compatibility.
- Adds Composer support for PHP Unit and PHP CodeSniffer.
- Adds CHANGELOG.md for users on GitHub.
- Updates screenshot for the most recent version of WordPress.
- Updates code to the WordPress Coding Standards.
- Removes the implementation of the Singleton Pattern.
- Removes the locale property in place of actual strings for i18n.
- Verifying WordPress 4.2.1 compatibility
- Verifying WordPress 4.1 compatibility
- Verifying WordPress 3.9 compatibility
- Verifying WordPress 3.8 compatibility
- Updating the version number
- Fixed a debug message
- Improved localization
- Improved the code comments
- Moved the plugin’s class into its own file
- Implemented the singleton pattern
- Added LICENSE.txt
- Adding Finnish translation (thanks to Timi Wahalahti)
- Adding support for child themes (thanks to Maor Chasen’s suggestion)
get_page_template_sluginstead of reading Post Meta Data (thanks to Maor Chasen’s suggestion)
- Updating the screenshot
- Minor update to the screenshot and the Development Information
- Initial release