This plugin adds the same functionality of the excerpt feature in posts to pages.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use page excerpt box as you would in a post
- How do I use this?
On the create (or edit) pages page, you will see a box called ‘Page Excerpt’. It allows you to put in a short summary of your content. You can then call it using the
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>function within the loop
- I have a question you didn’t answer!
Post a message on PageExcerpt’s page and leave a message in the comments if you have a question that needs answering!
Contributors & Developers
“Page Excerpt” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Verified 3.5.1 Compatibility
* Updated Screenshot
- Fixes a bug in v 1.1
- Supports WP 3.1 and greater
- First version