Once installed, head over to Appearance – P2 Header Ad and paste your ad code into the box.
- preview your ad in the admin interface (see screenshots)
- option to hide the ad for logged-in users
- option to hide the ad for logged-in WP eMember users
- works with and without a header image
- option to show the same ad after the post content
I’ve optimised the plugin for a 468×80 pixel ad. Other sizes will work but may require your own CSS tweaks to make them look right.
- Either: Upload the entire folder to
- Or: download the ZIP file, then head over to Plugins – Add New – Install, then browse to your file
- Or: from Plugins – Add New, search for this plugin and hit “install”
- Then: Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under Appearance – P2 Header Ad you’ll find an admin interface to paste your HTML code
- I’m using a different ad size than 468×80 pixels. How do I tweak the CSS?
P2 Header Ad will wrap your code inside a DIV tag with the ID “p2HeaderAd”. Simply re-position by targeting this ID.
You can do this either in your Theme’s styles.css file, or tweak p2-header-ad-styles.css inside the plugin’s main directory.
- Will this plugin work with a custom header graphic?
Yes, it sits on top of your custom header graphic. It will adjust its height automatically so it should always look nice.
- I’m using Google Adsense ads, but they don’t show up. What gives?
It takes about half an hour for fresh Google ads to appear. Until then you’ll only see a blank space. Grab a coffee and check back a little later.
- I’m showing ads on the front page after the post content – but now the header ad is gone. What’s up with that?
Google ads can only be shown up to 5 times on a single page. If your front page shows 5 posts or more, then the ad can no longer be displayed in the header (which is called last for performance reasons).
If you want to use the after-content-front-page-ad feature, and you want the header to show first, you can tweak line 293 of the main plugin file (p2-header-ad.php) from this
add_action (‘get_footer’, ‘p2DisplayAdvert’);
add_action (‘get_header’, ‘p2DisplayAdvert’);
I may make this an option in the admin interface in a future update.
Contributors & Developers
“P2 Header Ad” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- styles are now loaded via wp_enqueue_scripts hook
- fixed a debug warning that assumed a constant rather than a value
- added option to display the same ad at the end of single posts
- added option to hide ads at the end of front-page/blog-page posts
- added the option to hide ad when users are logged into eMember (plugin by Tips and Tricks HQ)
- added translation readiness
- added German Translation
- added Spanish Translation (thanks to Andrew Kurtis)
- tweaked placement of advert: now it’s fixed to the header
- added funky fade-in effect when the site loads
- added option to remove the ad for logged-in users
- initial Release