OurRoots.org provides WordPress-based website hosting for genealogy societies as well as a database management system for genealogical records.
The database management system is open-source and hosted on GitHub.
You can either run it yourself, or you can have OurRoots host it for you at https://db.ourroots.org.
This WordPress plugin defines an our-roots short-code that embeds the search client from the database management system into a WordPress-based website.
How can I learn about how to use the OurRoots database management system?
Videos are available on YouTube
How can I get support?
Email dallan at ourroots.org
How can I modify the search client?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“OurRootsDatabase” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Prepare to publish plugin on WordPress plugins directory
- Minor changes to satisfy WordPress plugins directory requirements
- Sort category/collection facets alphabetically
- New global settings flag to display names as surname, given
- allow span with style tags to pass sanitization
- Fix faceting bug
- Previous update didn’t include the fix for some reason
- Update wordpress-tested version to 6.1; include fix from 1.0.12
- Apply flag to display names as surname, given to record detail page
- Previous update didn’t include the fix
- Show html in given and surnames
- Avoid error when there are no search results
- Make category names clickable to close them when they are opened
- Add gutter space between events and relationships in search results
- Ensure date range checkbox always shows up