OurRoots.org provides WordPress-based website hosting for genealogy societies as well as a database management system for genealogical records.
The database management system is open-source and hosted on GitHub.
You can either run it yourself, or you can have OurRoots host it for you at https://db.ourroots.org.
This WordPress plugin defines an our-roots short-code that embeds the search client from the database management system into a WordPress-based website.
How can I learn about how to use the OurRoots database management system?
Videos are available on YouTube
How can I get support?
Email dallan at ourroots.org
How can I modify the search client?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“OurRootsDatabase” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “OurRootsDatabase” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Prepare to publish plugin on WordPress plugins directory
- Minor changes to satisfy WordPress plugins directory requirements
- Sort category/collection facets alphabetically
- New global settings flag to display names as surname, given
- allow span with style tags to pass sanitization
- Fix faceting bug
- Previous update didn’t include the fix for some reason
- Update wordpress-tested version to 6.1; include fix from 1.0.12
- Apply flag to display names as surname, given to record detail page
- Previous update didn’t include the fix
- Show html in given and surnames
- Avoid error when there are no search results
- Make category names clickable to close them when they are opened
- Add gutter space between events and relationships in search results
- Ensure date range checkbox always shows up