OStatus for WordPress turns your blog into a federated social network. This means you can share and talk to everyone using the OStatus protocol, including users of Status.net/Identi.ca, gnu.social, Friendica and Mastodon.
For more information about OStatus visit the OStatus Community Group
This plugin bundles a few other plugins it requires to work, theses are installed automatically unless you have them already installed.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
- Check all the needed plugins are there and activated through the settings-pageFollow the normal instructions for installing WordPress plugins.
Automatic Plugin Installation
To add a WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type “
ostatus” into the Search Plugins box.
- Find the WordPress Plugin you wish to install.
- Click Details for more information about the Plugin and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Manual Plugin Installation
There are a few cases when manually installing a WordPress Plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing a WordPress Plugin.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
- If you want to try the latest development version.
Installation of a WordPress Plugin manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a WordPress Plugin incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
Backup your site completely before proceeding.
To install a WordPress Plugin manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the
wp-content/pluginsfolder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
- can I help you?
You can help!
This plugin bundles a few plugins theta implement parts of the OStatus specification.
If you are the author of a relevant plugin, or are planning one, contact us to get it included in this bundle.
Contributors & Developers
“OStatus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- update requirements
- Add NodeInfo support
- Fixed GNU.social compatibility
- Fixed Altenate-URL (feed)
- Fixed feed-ids
- fixed “flush rewrite rules”
- optimized admin pages (still work in progress)
- fixed donation link
- complete refactoring
- better text encoding
- updated WebSub support
- htmlspecialchars instead of htmlentities
- nicer feeds
- enable/disable the feed summary in the settings
- add main OStatus feed URL
- support the legacy WebFinger specs
- WordPress.org seems to ignore v2.0.0
- better compatibility with mastodon
- some small tweaks
- added header image support
- new pubsubhubbub filters
- some small improvements
- fixed webfinger discovery
- better i18n handling (thanks @hinaloe)
- Mastodon and gnu.social support
- PHP 7 compatibility
- small changes
- WordPress 3.1 support
- added functionality
- initial version