OSM Categories embed an OpenStreetMap map to your page by using the OpenLayer API. For every category in your blog a differnt layer on your map show markers for every article with an geotag.
You just have to save the lon and lan parameters in a custom field. It’s possible to use different marker images for every category.
In your page just insert the shortcode: [osm-cats]
Open the plugin settings page for basic settings like:
- map dimensions
- map center point
- initial zoom faktor
- exclude categories
- article custom field for marker lon and lat parameters
- marker popup content
- marker images path
It’s still BETA so please send me feedback and your ideas! Thanx a lot.
- Why i see the hole world on the map?
It’s necessary to define a map center point on the plugin settings page.
- Where can i give you feedback?
I sink the best would be here: https://github.com/KiTo/OSM-Categories
- NEW: Include or exclude categories
- NEW: Add Google Baselayers – Terrain, Roadmap, Satellite, Hybrid
- NEW: Show only images with marker in the filename on the settings page
- FIX: Use marker path from settings
- NEW: Possibility to disable zoom wheel
- NEW: First release with basic features