This status tracking software allows you to quickly and easily manage the status of your orders, projects, shipments, or any other item, by posting updates about the status or tickets that can be viewed through the front end of your WordPress site.
With WooCommerce Integration! See the “WooCommerce Order Status Integration” section below for full details and features.
Simply insert the shortcode above into any page and the tracking form will be displayed.
- Update the status of orders, projects, or any other item
- Setup searchable orders or ticket numbers for customers
- Automatically send an alert email to a customer whenever an order is created or updated
- Create custom order statuses tailored to your business
- Choose what order information gets displayed on tracking results page
It’s the simplest status tracking system around, and works great for managing projects within companies as well!
It’s software that’s easy to use through the WordPress admin panel and completely customizable with CSS. Statuses and projects can be inputted and updated manually, or entered by uploading a spreadsheet. You can also accept payment for orders through PayPal.
Options are available to decide what information is displayed, to style the tracking form, to import and export items/orders/projects via spreadsheet, to send out status update emails and more!
WooCommerce Order Status Integration
Turn on WooCommerce integration (premium) to automatically create orders whenever someone checks out via your WooCommerce shop!
- For every new order created via WooCommerce checkout, a new order is created in the Status Tracking plugin
- Automatically assigned order number
- Possibility to have an email automatically sent to customer with this order number
- When an order is updated in WooCommerce, it is also automatically updated in Status Tracking, and vice versa
- Possibility to have an email automatically sent to customer on status change
The Status Tracking plugin also works great as a project management tool. By making use of some of the premium features, such as Sales Reps, you can set up project managers and assign specific projects to them. You can also create customers and assign specific projects and project managers to those customers. And, with the available labelling options, you can customize the wording of your forms and tracking pages to cater to the project management experience.
- Hide or delete orders
- Responsive and customizable CSS
- Create different locations to associate with your statuses
- Custom emails that can associated with different statuses, such as for order processing, shipments, project deadlines, etc.
- Options for AJAX results, results in a new window, setting time zone, date formating and much more!
- Require users to enter email address to view order information
Status tracking premium offers many additional features to enhance your order status tracking experience. You can accept payment for orders as well as integrate status tracking into your existing WooCommerce shop. You can add custom fields to gather more information from customers submitting orders as well as provide more specific details about orders.
You can also create sales reps and assign a specific WordPress user account to each, so that they can log in and see/manage only their orders
Further premium features include:
- PayPal integration to allow order payment
- WooCommerce integration to import WooCommerce orders
- [customer-order] shortcode, to let customers create their own orders which admins can then update
- Assign orders to customers and sales reps for enhanced status management
- Dozens of styling and labelling options
- Require login for WordPress or Front-End Only users before viewing a status
- Custom fields for orders, customers and sales reps to display information such as weight, estimated delivery, price etc.
- Import and export orders to Excel
- Let sales reps manage only their orders
- [customer-order] (Premium)
For further information and purchasing options, please visit our WooCommerce order status plugin homepage.
Status Tracking Additional Languages
Thanks to the generous contribution of many of those who use our status tracking plugin, we’re able to include translation files for the following languages:
- Italian (thanks to MD Ariful)
- German (thanks to Benko)
- Norwegian (thanks to EinarSkaug)
- Persian (thanks to Poorya Zeynalzadeh)
- Polish (thanks to Jakub G.)
- Portugese (thanks to Jaoa)
- Spanish (thanks to Pablo M.)
For help and support, please see:
- Our FAQ page, here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/order-tracking/faq/
- Our installation guide, here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/order-tracking/installation/
- Our documentation, here: http://www.etoilewebdesign.com/plugins/order-tracking/documentation-order-tracking/
- Our tutorial videos, here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEndQUuhlvSqa6Txwj1-Ohw8Bj90CIRl0
- The Status Tracking support forum, here: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/order-tracking
- Is there a Premium version available?
Yes, it was released November 2014. Premium features include PayPal integration, WooCommerce integration, access to the [customer-order] shortcode, ability to require customers to log in before viewing statuses, custom fields, the ability to import and export orders to Excel, the ability to assign orders to customers and sales reps, and the ability to automatically send an email to a customer whenever an order is created or updated. There are also dozens of extra styling and labeling options. For more information go to:
- How do I add the tracking form to the front-end?
You can add a status tracking form by putting the following shortcode on whatever page you’d like your tracking form to be: [tracking-form].
- What attributes does the [tracking-form] shortcode accept?
To show all orders that have been entered, you can add “show_orders=’Yes'” to the tracking-form shortcode. You can specify the label for the field and the value of the submit button with the attributes ‘order_field_text’ and ‘submit_text’ respectively.
- How do I customize the tracking form?
There is a text area where you can add Custom CSS to customize the form in the admin menu under “Options”.
- How do I access an uploaded excel file?
To access the upload directory, it’s: (yourdomainhere.com)/wp-content/plugins/order-tracking/order-sheets/
- Can I modify the date and hour?
Yes, under “Options” you can set the Timezone for your orders.
- What are the columns for the spreadsheet and is it possible to add more information?
Additional information about an order can be added using custom fields, or by using the “Public Notes” at the moment. The columns that can be uploaded currently are:
Number, Name, Order Status, Location, Display, Public Notes, Private Notes, Email, Show in Admin Table, Sales Rep ID
as well as those with the same name as a custom field (ex: “Specs”).
- Is it possible to delete data of an incorrect order completely?
If you click the checkbox beside the incorrect order and select “Delete” that should get rid of the order.
- Is it possible to change the position of the status to show only the most recent?
It’s not currently possible to load only the most recent status, but we’re keeping this in mind as a future feature.
- How do I translate the plugin into my language?
A great place to start learning about how to translate a plugin is at the link below: http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin
Once translated, you’ll need to put the translated mo- and po- files directly in the lang folder and make sure they are named properly for your localization.
If you do translate the plugin, other users would love to have access to the files in your language. You can send them to us at Contact@EtoileWebDesign.com, and we’ll be sure they’re included in a future release.
- How do I change the title of “Order Form Instructions”?
You can edit “Order Form Instructions” on the “Options” page. They can also be set as an attribute, instructions set as an attribute will take priority.
- How do I change the label “Order Number” field to, for example, “Job Number” in the front end display?
To change the label, try adding these attributes into your shortcode:
[tracking-form order_field_text=’Job Number’ field_names=’Order Number=>Job Number’]
- Is there a way to modify multiple field labels?
You can change the field labels by using the “Labeling” area of the “Options” tab.
- My order graph is not displaying properly, all of the statuses are overlapping. How do I fix this?
Make sure that you set the column “Percentages” on the order statuses page. If the problem persists you can also try editing the spacing using CSS on the “Options” page in the “Custom CSS” box.
For a more in depth list, please visit our FAQ page:
For more questions and support you can post in the support forum:
Tutorial Part 1
Tutorial Part 2
Just got onboard with this plugin.. Seems to be the perfect option so far.
- Added the ability to require custom fields on the customer order form
- Fixed an error where sales reps couldn’t use email confirmation
- Added a Persion language translation (thanks to Poorya Zeynalzadeh)
- Updated the PHPExcel version used in the plugin to increase compatibility with PHP7
- It’s now possible to delete a past status from an order from the ‘Order Details’ screen
- Fixed a pagination issue for the customer and sales rep shortcodes
- Fixed a couple of minor spreadsheet import issues that related to custom fields
- Added a Lithuanian translation
- Fixed an error where when an order’s status was changed via the front-end, no email would be sent out to the order’s receiver
- Fixed an error where some orders weren’t submitting correctly when users who submitted orders were logged in
- Fixed an error where statuses with apostrophes couldn’t be deleted
- Removed a folder of unnecessary files
- Added the ability to assign an order to a customer or a sales rep via spreadsheet
- When a customer leaves an order while logged in to their WP or FEUP account, their order will automatically be assigned to them if an order tracking customer exists for that user
- Removed PHPMailer extension files from the plugin, as they were no longer being used
- Fixed a small Dashboard error that a number of users were experiencing
- Minor Dashboard update
- Fixed a missing JS file error
- Fixed an error where using the trial in this plugin reset the trials for a number of our other plugins
- Introducing a free new premium 7-day trial feature, which users can choose to test out before buying the premium version
- Added in a new modern looking Dashboard tab
- Fixed an error where the status and location switching inputs on the front-end weren’t displaying correctly in some cases
- Added in auto-linking to sales rep form orders when a tracking page has been entered in the emails tab
- Minor update to remove some commented out code
- Minor updates to the HTML in the admin area to better reflect the plugin name
- Added a feature that has been requested by a number of users, an Status Tracking shortcode helper, which lets you build shortcodes without having to remember and manually input the attributes. This feature can be turned off via the settings page, if you’d like to keep your tinyMCE button bar free of extra buttons
- Fixed an error where customer orders wouldn’t show for FEUP users if they were also logged in to WordPress
- Fixed a potential conflict for users that only had sales rep privileges for editing orders
- Fixed a problem where hidden orders display whenever a bulk action is performed
- Fixed an error with the “sales-rep-form” shortcode that was reported to us
- Added in a way to display hidden orders
- Fixed an error that occured if the an order’s first status was internal
- Fixed an status tracking image size issue with AJAX reloads
- Minor CSS update
- Fixed the custom field ordering on the “customer-order” form
- Fixed the links for the pages in the “Orders” tab, so that you’re not redirected to the “Dashboard” tab
- Fixed the label for a field in the tracking widget
- Fixed an error where the payment price could be overwritten when saving orders
- Minor CSS update
- Added premium notifications for customer orders being created, and for when customer notes are updated
- Fixed an error where orders couldn’t be saved if a location wasn’t set
- Added in a new “Statistics” tab, to see how many orders are being viewed
- Added in latitude/longitude for the “Locations”
- Add a Google map that can be displayed on the tracking page, if coordinates are set for the location that an order has reached
- CSV files can now be used for product imports
- Fixed the default email message, so that something an email is sent when one of the original statuses gets updated
- The [customer-form] shortcode should now link to the [tracking-form] page to show complete order information, if the “Tracking URL” field is filled in on the “Emails” tab
- Fixed a statuses error that occurred on installation
- Fixed an error where all statuses could be erased accidentally
- Made it possible to re-arrange the order of custom fields by dragging and dropping them
- Fixed an error where picture fields were erased when an order was updated
- Fixed a couple of small UI problems
- A link to a “file” custom field type is now displayed in order emails instead of only the filename
- Minor CSS update
- Fixed an error where orders couldn’t be created with certain settings selected
- Minor CSS update
- Fixed an error where sales reps were no longer able to view an order’s details
- Added a color picker to color fields in the “Styling”s area
- Fixed a styling problem with the customer order form
- Fixed a mass status editing bug
- Added the ability to have custom fields in the customer-order form
- Removed the reliance on closures in the walkthrough, to make the plugin compatible with legacy versions of PHP
- Fixed a plugin permalink conflict
- Added in a walkthrough for new installations
- Updated location spreadsheet uploads so that all locations added will display
- Added location as a column that can be uploaded via spreadsheet
- Added a new “Internal” column to statuses, which can be used to create statuses that are only visible to admins and sales reps, not to customers or visitors
- Made hidden orders visible when using the “Search Orders” button
- Fixed the PayPal IPN function so that an email is sent out if the status of an order is changed after payment
- Minor CSS update
- Small fixes for the display graphic, customer and sales rep tracking forms
- Fixed a bug preventing CSS customizations
- Fixed bugs on the Dashboard and Orders tabs
- Fixed a bug with the customer note button for AJAX orders
- Fixed a bug with the customer form
- Added PayPal integration, so orders can be paid for via PayPal
- Added a “picture” custom field type, so that an image of the product being shipped can be included
- Fixed a number of small errors
- Fixed an AJAX bug which was preventing the tracking form from submitting
- Improved the sizing of the tracking graphic on page load
- Put the correct statuses back in the ‘Bulk Actions’ select box
- Fixed an error where new statuses wouldn’t display
- Fixed an error where the last three tabs weren’t displayed if another plugin wasn’t installed
- Complete overhaul of the e-mails system for order updates. IMPORTANT – If you’re using the plugin in production, the plugin is switching from native SMTP e-mailing to using the pluggable wp_mail function, which means that options can now be set using a third party plugin (ex: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/)
- Associate messages with an order status, so that each status has a different email message sent out when an order is set to that status
- Assign a WordPress or Front-End Only User (https://wordpress.org/plugins/front-end-only-users/) to a customer so that orders assigned to that customer are automatically displayed by the [customer-form] shortcode when they’re logged in
- Fixed the tracking graphix for email links
- Updated labeling options
- Updated “Dashboard” tab
- Shortcode variables can now be used in the email subject line
- Minor CSS update
- Minor CSS fix
- Added “Customer ID” as one of the possible fields that can be added to an email
- Minor functionality fix
- Fixed the styling functions, since a number of the settings weren’t being included
- Minor changes to customers and sales reps details pages
- Fixed styling customization for customer, sales rep, and customer order forms
- Minor CSS fixes
- Extended custom field functionality to sales reps and customers
- Changed the way statuses are displayed on the order graphic
- Minor CSS fixes
- Increased security for spreadsheets being uploaded
- Made the [customer-form] shortcode compatible with the latest plugin features
- Added “Sales Rep ID” as a column that could be imported
- Fixed an HTML error on the “Options” tab that was causing the page to cut off.
- Minor styling update, with small PHP updates
- Updated the mailing files, to improve the compatibility of the plugin. If mailing is working for you and important, not upgrading might be advisable.
- Added a Spanish translation
- Fixed a problem with WooCommerce integration
- Completely changed the options page
- Added labelling options in a simpler to use format
- Added styling options
- Added the ability to display all orders in a list that can be clicked on, by setting the “show_orders” attribute to “Yes” in the tracking-form shortcode
- Fixed a potential WooCommerce integration warning
- Fixed a small display bug
- Fixed an image display bug in Firefox
- Fixed a potential emailing subject and send from issue
- Updated the dashboard tab with support information
- Fixed a potential spreadsheet issue for those using it to update orders
- Fixed a small CSS overflow problem
- Fixed a possible options bug and email settings bug
- Fixed a tracking graphic display bug
- CSS update that moves the plugin away from using Yahoo’s Pure CSS (WARNING: if you’re using your own custom CSS with this plugin, the selectors in the shortcodes are being changed)
- Added new premium arrow options, improved the responsiveness of the mobile stylesheet
- Fixed a bug that prevented statuses with quotes from being deleted
- Added a premium shortcode, customer-order, that allows customers to create orders
- Fixed a bug where adding a status would overwrite the old ones
- Fixed a bug where adding a location would overwrite the old ones
- Added a tracking form widget
- Added “Locations” premium tab
- Fixed a number of update/error messages
- Stopped statuses from being displayed twice when an order is edited and the status doesn’t change
- Added the ability to include “Show in Admin Table” in spreadsheet uploads
- Added in a premium mobile stylesheet option
- Added another premium tracking graphic option
- Added in a premium option to change the tracking graphic
- Commented out the debugging lines in the Main.php file
- Added the ability to automatically import WooCommerce orders
- Added the ability to assign a WordPress user to a sales rep, so that the sales rep can only track their orders
- Fixed an access role bug
- Fixed a potential problem with Customer email validation
- Added “Customer Notes” feature, to get information from visitors about an order
- Added the ability to add more than 1 e-mail address for an order
- Added additional e-mail settings
- Fixed a small upload error
- Added the ability to put links in order notes
- Added the ability to set which user role has access to the plugin
- Changed the export column names, so that they match the upload columns
- Fixed an error with adding tracking numbers to URL
- Fixed an error with spreadsheet uploading of custom fields
- Fixed an error with custom fields editing
- Fixed an include call that was failing on a number of server setups
- Added the ability to include a tracking link in order e-mails
- Changed how tracking graphics are created, so that they will be compatible with more sites
- Tracking pages can now be linked to with an order pre-loaded, by added an argument to the the URL
- Fixed an ajax error
- Fixed an encryption/display bug
- Fixed an e-mailing bug with mass status changes
- Fixed a number of errors with the “file” custom field type
- Made it possible to align the text towards the bottom of the top information divs
- Removed two alerts which were left in from debugging
- Fixed an error with AJAX updating of the order information
- Fixed an error with displaying custom fields
- Fixed an error with custom fields
- Fixed an error with field re-labelling
- Fixed an error with custom field labelling
- Fixed a number of warnings that would appear when fields were re-labelled
- Added a new customer orders shortcode
- Added a new sales rep orders shortcode
- Added an option to set the subject for order e-mails
- Added an option to change the date format for fields
- Included additional fields that can be included in the body of e-mails
- Included a missing file for the custom fields feature
- Fixed a spreadsheets error
- Fixed a debugging error
- Fixed a PHPExcel error
- MAJOR UPDATE
- Added Custom Fields which can display any type of information associated with an order (weight, size, estimated delivery, etc.)
- Added Customers tab, lets you create customers and assign orders to them
- Added Sales Rep tab, lets you create sales rep, assign orders and customers to them
- Added the ability to export orders to Excel
- Added the ability to delete all orders
- Included a German translation
- Fixed a confirmation error
- Included an Italian translation
- Added an optoin to require verification of the e-mail address associated with an order
- Added a message for when there are no results found
- In the admin area, it is now possible to search the order list by order number
- Fixed an error that didn’t allow the order form instructions to be changed via attribute
- Added a .pot file to the lang folder
- Added an attribute to allow admins to set the field labels for order results
- Fixed an error with the order form instructions attribute
- Added an atribute to set the order form title
- Added an option to change the order form instructions
- Added an option to set the timezone order statuses are calculated for (only applies to new statuses)
- Fixed an error that was limiting the number of orders displayed to 20
- Fixed an escaping error with order names and notes
- Made managing order statuses easier
- Added an optional graphic to show the progress of orders
- Update/Error messages have been fixed, so that they should now diplay
- Added an option to allow AJAX order retrieval
- Orders can be created and updated via uploading a spreadsheet
- First of 2 big updates to be released in June
- Order E-mails added (can send out e-mails automatically when an order is created or updated)
- Allow admins to select what information is displayed when an order is searched
- CSS customization through the option page
- Added in “Public” and “Private” order notes
- Option to open search results in a new window/tab