This plugin is free and I expect nothing in return. If you wisht to support my programming, buy my book:
Error Message Eyes: A Programmer’s Guide to the Digital Soul
Permalink Finder Plugin
Open in New Window Plugin
Kindle This – publish blog to user’s Kindle
Stop Spammer Registrations Plugin
No Right Click Images Plugin
Collapse Page and Category Plugin
Custom Post Type List Widget
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
I am pleased with the functionality of the plugin. No problem whatsoever.
There’s not much to say. I installed the plug-in and just like that external links opened in new tabs.
This shouldn’t be necessary since WordPress offers an “Open in new window” option when creating a link, but it doesn’t seem to work, so third party developers have make it work.
Contributors & Developers
“Open in New Window Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Major rewrite.
- Uses script enqueue methods so WP loads the scripts.
- Fixed some problems with the scripts. THey should compress correctly now.
- set up so translations might work (but I doubt it).
- Added security check.
- broke up the program to reduce load overhead
- added the first settings option to this plugin. Some files types, when found in local site, can be forced to open in a new window. These include: .pdf, .mp3, .jpg, .gif, .tiff, .png, .doc, .rtf, .docx, .xls, .wmv, .mov, .avi, .zip, .rar, .7z and .arc. Check off the option box in the settings. On by default.
Added support to load certain file types in a new window. Disabled in wp-admin screens to prevent reported issues with the admin toolbar.
Now loading the script as a js file in order to cache the hits and speed page loads.
Stopped updating the title parameter for images.
HTTPS and FTP now open in new windows.
Prevented links that already have a target from being rewritten.
Fixed an issue with WordPress 3.0 alpha test.
Added a title attribute to links when when none exists. It uses the innerHTML to the link to display a title when you hover over the link.
Added a pingback link so you can add your blog link to my plugin users page. It’s a free inbound link for you, probably of little value.
Added a setup screen for feedback that the plugin is installed correctly
Fixed an issue with IE6. The current code works under IE6
- Added onload event so as not to miss a few other links that might be also loaded in onload. = 1.2 =
- initial release