No more ugly tag clouds! Opacity Tags generates a new type of tag cloud that uses a link’s opacity to indicate its popularity. Check out the demo video below:
What that means is that the most popular tags are first in the tag list and closer to full opacity. The less popular tags each have less and less opacity, fading into the background of your site.
Opacity Tags provides a tag cloud that you can have more control over, is more beautiful, and is better at quickly telling users what tags are the most popular.
Opacity Tags is super easy to install.
- Upload the Opacity Tags folder you download to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Head on over to your widgets page, where you now have a new Opacity Tags Tag Cloud widget to use
- Why isn’t Opacity Tags working on my site?
This is usually because you’re running an older version of WordPress that doesn’t have a recent enough version of jQuery. Consider upgrading your WordPress installation or otherwise upgrading your version of jQuery.
- Why doesn’t Opacity Tags work in Internet Explorer?
Opacity Tags works in Internet Explorer 7 and up, and in modern web browsers. I haven’t tested it on Internet Explorer 6 as it’s an old, crappy browser that needs to stop being used.
- I have a recent version of WordPress and am smart enough to not use IE6, but it’s still not working. What gives?
There’s a lot that could be preventing Opacity Tags from working. Head to http://www.opacitytags.com and fill out the support request, I’ll take a look and respond as soon as possible.
Contributors & Developers
“Opacity Tags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Release