Allows internal CSS styling to be included in the content of the page.
Use the [bw_css] shortcode to add custom CSS as and when you need it.
For designers, developers and documentors [bw_css] supports echoing of the custom CSS, allowing you to document the CSS you are using.
For readability, the CSS is processed using the Generic Syntax Highlighter (GeSHi) processing.
Also supports language: none.
Implemented as a lazy smart shortcode this code is dependent upon the oik base plugin.
Use the [bw_autop] shortcode to disable or re-enable WordPress’s wpautop() logic.
Use the experimental [bw_background] shortcode to display an attached image in the background.
If you want to read more about the oik plugins then please visit the
“OIK – OIK Information Kit”
- Upload the contents of the oik-css plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-css’ directory
- Activate the oik-css plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the [bw_css] shortcode inside your content
- What is the syntax?
[bw_css] your CSS goes here [/bw_css]
Note: The ending shortcode tag [/bw_css] is required
- How do I get the GeSHi output?
[bw_css .] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
[bw_css text="Annotation to the CSS that will follow"] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
- How do I get GeSHi output for other languages?
Use the [bw_geshi] shortcode.
[bw_geshi html]<h3>[bw_css], [bw_geshi] & [bw_background]</h3><p>Cool, lazy smart shortcodes from oik-plugins.</p>
Supported languages are:
- JavsScript and jQuery
If you want to display syntax highlighted CSS without affecting the current display use [bw_geshi css]
- What version of GeSHi does oik-css use?
oik-css delivers a subset of GeSHi version 220.127.116.11, which was the current release on 2013/07/09
Only a small selection of the languages are supported by oik-css. These are the languages primarily used by WordPress.
Note: oik-css will only load the GeSHi code if it is not already loaded.
Contributors & Developers
“oik-css” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested: With WordPress 4.4
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.5.
- Changed: Updated oik-activation in line with oik
- Added: Add support for [bw_geshi none]
- Changed: Update bw_better_autop() to work with the bw_css_options[bw_autop] option setting
- Changed: [bw_background] shortcode default selector set to ‘body’
- Tested: With WordPress 4.3
- Added: oik-CSS section for oik options > Overview to control Automatic paragraph creation
- Changed: Responds to “oik_loaded” action to invoke the first part of ‘better automatic paragraph creation’
- Changed: Responds to “oik_admin_menu” action
- Changed: Responds to “oik_menu_box” action to display the new section
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.3
- Changed: Styled CSS now wrapped in a div with class bw_css
- Changed: Styled GeSHi now wrapped in a div with classes bw_geshi and the selected language
- Added: In response to the ‘oik_add_shortcodes’ action hook the default processing is to disable wpautop() processing.
- Added: You can partially re-enable wpautop() processing using the [bw_autop true] shortcode.
- Added: [bw_autop] shortcode – experimental
- Added: [bw_background] shortcode – experimental
- Changed: Then you can turn it off again later [bw_autop false]
- Fixed: Updated bw_remove_unwanted_tags() to cater for ampersands
- Fixed: So that [bw_geshi] works with NextGen gallery installed
- Tested: With WordPress 3.9-beta3
- Changed: Dependency logic, now dependent upon oik v2.1
- Tested: With WordPress 3.8
- Changed: Added support for media=print in addition to media=screen
- Changed: bw_remove_unwanted_tags() now handles the HTML versions of Left single quotation mark and Right single quotation mark.
- Changed: Replace wpautop() by bw_wpautop(), run after shortcode expansion and remove shortcode_unautop(), no longer necessary
- Added: bw_wpautop() implement ‘the_content’ filter using wpautop() without converting newlines to br tags
- Added: Help, syntax help and example for [bw_geshi]
- Added: [bw_css] shortcode