The oEmbed provider plugin makes WordPress an oEmbed provider, compliant with the XML and JSON specification at http://www.oembed.com.
oEmbed is a powerful protocol that allows sites to automatically embed content from 3rd parties directly into their site in whatever way they choose. For example, if a user on http://identi.ca links to a WordPress blog with this plugin enabled, the link, when clicked, will show an excerpt from the blog post, the authors name, and various links… automatically.
- Upload the plugin to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Step 3? There is no step 3!
- Is it really that easy to install this plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“oEmbed Provider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- type ‘rich’ now returns the full html
- take use of more WordPress functions
- complete refactoring
- Initial release