- Embed your source from gist into WordPress easily.
- You simply have to paste the URL of your Gist.
- You can embed a specific revision of the Gist.
- You can embed an individual file that is part of a multi-file Gist.
You can embed your program sources from gist by simply pasting the URL like below.
- A plugin installation screen is displayed on the WordPress admin panel.
- It installs it in
- The plugin is made effective.
A huge thanks for making this awesome plugin. Hopefully you will maintain this in future too.
BTW IMO this feature should be included in WP Core.
Thank you for this plugin! It does what it says discretely and reliably. I’m currently using it with latest WordPress (v4.4.2), and all is well.
I noticed, though, that the plugin only supports specific naming patterns. If I have a Gist with multiple files, and they are named in a dot pattern—like my.gist.file-name.php—I would end up with a URL like my-gist-file-name-php, and the plugin would not embed those.
Is this a known behavior? Would you be interested in extending support for generic file names?
This is a whole lot better than pasting script tags. It renders the result in the content editor too! Now I can eliminate the syntax highlighter plugin I was using that loaded its assets on every single page. Two-fer.
Contributors & Developers
“oEmbed Gist” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Testedn on WordPress 4.7
- Sync version number with WordPress core.
- Tested on WordPress 4.5
- Auto deploy.
- Add Chinese translation. Thanks dallaslu!!
- Leave a link to gist when is_feed().
- Update tests.
- Add readme.md
- Got it to work on Press This.
- Tested on WordPress 4.3
- Fix responsive css.
- Add feature embedding gist’s revision.
- Fix css styles for twentyfifteen.
- Tested up to 4.0
- Fix problem with JetPack 2.9. Thanks rickrduncan for patch.
- fixed for new permalink structure.
- Some fix.
- Fixed to specification changes of Gist.
- Add support NOSCRIPT
- The first release.