I created this plugin to address a problem brought up in this forum thread:
This plugin creates a simple widget you can drop into any sidebar. On single posts, it will display
the post author’s Gravatar photo, as well as their name, website, and biography specified on their profile.
On other pages, it does nothing and is invisible to visitors. Options include changing the widget title and the photo size.
You can style the widget using your own CSS if you like. The CSS ID for the widget is
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- In your Dashboard, hover over the Plugins menu, and select ‘Add New’
- Select the ‘Upload’ option, and upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit a post on your site and see how it looks!
Contributors & Developers
“Odai Author Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed typos in the readme file
- Option for widget title
- Option for Gravatar photo size (in pixels)
- Cleaned up messy code
- Added basic functionality.