This plugin enables a resourceful REST interface for posts and comments. Authentication is handled via the oauth-provider plugin.
For more information about resourceful routing, see here.
Acceptable return formats:
- GET – /api/posts.:format
- GET – /api/posts/:id.:format
- POST – /api/posts.:format
- PUT – /api/posts/:id.:format
- GET – /api/comments.:format
- GET – /api/comments/:id.:format
- POST – /api/comments.:format
- PUT – /api/comments/:id.:format
- Limit authentication to specific endpoints (customizable)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a consumer using the ‘OAuth Provider’ menu
- How can I contribute to this plugin?
Fork my repo on github and send me a pull request.
- Can I limit which endpoints require authentication?
No, not at this time. Feel free to help me out and send me a pull request.
Contributors & Developers
“OAuthRest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
0.1.0 – 2012-05-03
0.1.1 – 2012-05-04
Remove XML format. JSON is much more widely accepted and encoding/decoding is built into PHP.
0.1.2 – 2012-05-04
Fix comments resource endpoint.
0.1.3 – 2012-05-07
Fix trackback count for posts. Fix comment dates.
0.2.0 – 2012-05-10
Use the build-in functions when interacting with posts and comments. Fix routing so that we don’t require an “api” page to be created.