Now Watching is a fork of Ben Gunnink’s Now Reading Reloaded plugin modified to work with movies instead of books. It is forked from Ben’s code as of 22.214.171.124.
With it, you can manage a library of your current movies, as well as historical and planned movies.
templates folder of the Now Watching plugin contains a default set of templates for displaying your movie data in various places (sidebar, library, etc.). Any changes you make to these templates should be in your own theme folder. Now Watching will first look inside your active theme folder for a directory called
now-watching for template files; if it doesn’t find them, it will use its own. Customized template should be stored in
/wp-content/yourtheme/now-watching/ so that your changes are not overwritten when you upgrade.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Make any changes the to provided template files and store them in your theme directory (see the “Template Files” section)
- Why does my library page look funny?
Now Watching comes with premade templates (
/templates/) that were originally made for the default Kubrick theme that comes with WordPress. If your theme has more or less markup, the templates may look strange in your theme.
My suggestion to those who are having trouble is to open up the respect Now Watching template (such as
library.php) side-by-side with one of your standard theme templates, and make sure that the markup matches.
- Can I see some blog where this plugin is running?
Yes, it is running on my blog.
Contributors & Developers
“Now Watching” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Made it compatible with WordPress 3.0 so that movie info can be edited now.
- Fixed page titles when using permalinks.
- Allowed UTF-8 characters in widget title.
- First release forked from Now Reading Reloaded 126.96.36.199