The purpose of this plugin is to simplify the installation process for notification bar widgets created with the well known application called NotifySnack.
Requirements: WordPress 2.9.0+, PHP5+
What is NotifySnack?
NotifySnack is an incredibly useful application that will save you the time and hassle of messing with your design when trying to add important information to your website.
Being so highly customizable, it will integrate perfectly with the general feel of your web page and grab the attention of your visitors without annoying them.
With NotifySnack you can simply say hello to your visitors, drive them to landing pages with high conversion rates, increase your subscribers list, sell products, promote anything or even display Twitter or RSS content.
How it works?
Go to your NotifySnack account and grab the embed code for you notification bar. If you don’t have one yet, you can create it in less than 5 minutes.
Log into your WordPress admin then go to NotifySnack plugin and paste the embed code copied from NotifySnack.
Select where you want to load the script and the pages where you want to display the notification, then press Save changes.
Why should I use NotifySnack?
NotifySnack is such a versatile and powerful tool, there must be something you need from the list:
- increase your number of subscribers
- as a marketing tool (sell & promote)
- to display your favorite social content (dynamic RSS and Twitter feed)
- to drive traffic to landing pages
Install the plugin via WordPress’s installation system then activate it
Upload the notifysnack-plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I have to install any software on my server to get this working?
Not at all! NotifySnack is a hosted widget service. Simply configure the plugin and you’re done!
- What browsers are compatible with NotifySnack?
The widget has been optimized to work on all major browsers including their mobile versions: IE 8 +, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. Some templates are built using the HTML5 Canvas technology that isn’t supported by older IE browsers. However the widget will automatically detect such browsers and a compatible version will load.
- I cannot view my notifications. Why?
- What if I have questions that are not covered here?
Please go to NotifySnack website and use our Live chat service. There will always be someone happy to help you.
I pasted the freely available code on their site..oh oh… no, actually there was no code on their freely available site.
I think the plugin might be broken.
Anyway here’s a list of better freewares that give exactly what they say:
1. gc-message bar
3. Quick notice bar
4. notification bar
Its true we cant give a stitched jeans effect to this. But hey, we are not selling jeans either ;).
Dont waste peoples time ah’s.
Contributors & Developers
“NotifySnack” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial beta release
- Fix Jetpack conflict and other minor bugs.
- Pages filter was removed. You can now decide directly from NotifySnack on what pages to display a notification.
- Embed code is now inserted by default in the “body” in order to avoid issues with some specific templates. However “Header” and “Footer” options are still available.