It’s hard to keep up with a private blog because there’s no good way to subscribe to it. Subscription plugins aren’t great because generally you have a finite number of people you want to get to it and asking each one to do a double-opt-in is annoying, and you still wouldn’t have anything for comments.
This hooks into the new comment and new post actions to send an email to the addresses you enter, so it’s easy to follow the entire conversation even if it’s comments on someone else’s blog posts.
- Place ‘notifly’ folder in your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Visit your discussion settings and add email addresses to be notified.
Contributors & Developers
“Notifly” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Properly display line breaks in comment and post content
- Allow minimal HTML to be included in notification emails
- Re-enable the sending of new post emails
- Fix issue with iPhone email horizontal scrolling and itsy-bitsy font sizes
- Fix class already exists error
- Fix additional email duplication
- Add settings to unblock WordPress notification emails
- Fix function already exists error
- Added two additional duplicate checks
- Major code rewrite
- Add footer notice to emails
- HTML email
- Fix blank email problem
- Translation support
- Add activation notification
- Update readme.txt and plugin description
- Add settings link to plugin row
- Add admin UI
- Emails are now in HTML
- Code cleanups and bug fixes by Matt.
- Better formatting of new post emails.
- Initial release by Otto.