Nomads Connected is a free service for travelers where you can comfortably enter your planned route and keep it up to date when on the road.
(And it does a few other cool things like free GEO classifieds.)
Further information at http://www.nomadsconnected.com/.
The WordPress plugin lets you add Google maps of your route (or parts of it) to your posts and pages.
- Display your route just by entering start and end date.
- Real-time update of your Google map when you edit your route in Nomads Connected.
- Use different colors for past and future routes.
- Auto Connect points that are not more than X days apart.
- Set default height for maps.
- Select your preferred map type.
- Select wether to show your map at the top or bottom of posts (or not at all).
- Automatic map scaling depending on current content.
Nomads Connected is currently available in the following languages:
- English (default)
- WordPress 3.5 or higher.
- PHP 5.2 or higher.
- cURL support activated in your PHP installation (standard on most web servers).
- A free Nomads Connected account (http://www.nomadsconnected.com/acces/register.html) with activated API key (http://www.nomadsconnected.com/settings/systemSettings.html).
- Download the archive file and uncompress it.
- Put the “nomads-connected” folder in “wp-content/plugins”
- Enable in WordPress by visiting the “Plugins” menu and activating it.
- Go to the Settings page in the admin and enter your Nomads Connected API Key.
(You need a free Nomads Connected account to use this plugin.
If upgrading from a previous version of the plugin:
- If you are not performing an automatic upgrade, deactivate and reactivate the plugin to ensure any new features are correctly installed.
- Visit the settings page after installing the plugin to customise any new options.
Contributors & Developers
“Nomads Connected” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Note: Changes in the third digit are bugfix releases without new functionality.
Nomads Connected 2.0.1
Bugfix: Plugin didn’t work for new installs.
Nomads Connected 2.0
The plugin now uses the Google API v3.
Nomads Connected 1.2.9
Bugfix: Media Upload in the post editor didn’t work
Nomads Connected 1.2.8
Now works with WordPress 3.5+ (datepicker problem fixed)
Nomads Connected 1.2.7
Bugfix: Markers were not properly connected in some cases.
Nomads Connected 1.2.6
Just a clarification in the README.txt. If you are using version 1.2.5 you don’t need to upgrade.
Nomads Connected 1.2.5
Bugfix: Set timeout to 5 seconds, in case the Nomads Connected server is unreachable.
Nomads Connected 1.2.4
Bugfix: The route could not be displayed if any one waypoint name contained one or more single quotes.
Nomads Connected 1.2.3
Fixed a bug in the auto-connect feature. Sometimes lines were drawn although interval between two points was too big.
Nomads Connected 1.2
- Marker color.
- Connect points that are not more than X days apart.
- Line color and thickness.
Nomads Connected 1.1
- New settings for map type and height.
- Different line color for past and future routes.
Nomads Connected 1.0