This plugin provides shortcodes and template tags for next/previous navigation in pages. Includes a shortcode and tag for the parent page, allowing Drupal-like book navigation.
If you would like to send me a translation, please write to me through my contact page. Let me know which plugin you’ve translated and how you would like to be credited. I will write you back so you can attach the files in your reply.
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set the display options under Settings → Next Page.
Very nice plugin. Seems to be working well with 4.6.1.
Wish it was a little more functional but the way it is does the job. example: The ability to selected a set of pages and have it automagically add the short codes.
Perfect, simple & works on all versions of WordPress.
Also coder has left enough options to make it possible to make your buttons and more.
I have a site with a page for each song of a 2-disc CD. This plugin made sequential navigation between those pages very easy. Just what I needed.
Contributors & Developers
“Next Page” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Romanian translation Web Geek Science (Web
- Better handling of international characters. (Thanks, jflycn!) (January 5, 2011)
- Fixed a bug that caused the links to appear at the top of the content when shortcodes are used (thanks, Psychochild!)
- Fixed a bug where an excluded page with children would result in links to the wrong pages (thanks, lemony!)
- Fixed a bug where links were shown even if there was no next/previous page in the sequence (thanks, Andrew!)
- Added option to loop back to the first page when the last page is being displayed, and to last when first is displayed
- Belorussian translation by Marcis G. (August 5, 2010)
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong content to appear on pages where the next/previous links are used
- Moved option removal to uninstall instead of deactivation
- Fixed a few non-localized strings (March 19, 2010)
- Revised for settings API
- Internationalization (January 31, 2010)
- Added option to exclude pages by ID
- Improved handling of special characters (September 16, 2009)
- Added security check before allowing users to manage options
- Fixed typo in template tags shown on options page (August 3, 2009)
- First release (July 4, 2009)