Whenever a visitor sees your blog, a cookie is stored on his browser so there is a
way to detect the last time that she visited it. Based upon this information, the next time
she views your blog, the newest posts will have a “new” image attached to their title,
so the novelties will catch the user’s attention.
- Unzip the
newpostsfolder from the downloaded
- Upload that folder to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory on your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Plugins menu and click on NewPosts – it will take you to the configuration. Choose the image you want displayed and click
<?php newposts_display(); ?>in your templates right next to the post title (in
index.php) e.g. find the piece of code
<?php the_title(); ?>and insert the following piece of code in front of or after it
<?php newposts_display() ?>
- The provided images aren’t enough for me. How can I add more?
Just upload them to the
/wp-content/plugins/newpostsdirectory and then go back to the
Configuration page. The changes should be reflected now in the image combobox.
- In the configuration page the combobox has no entries. What happened?
It’s most likely that you didn’t upload the
newpostsfolder along with the plugin. Please read