Thumbnails in new articles setting widget.
- Unzip “Newpost Catch” archive.
- Upload folder ‘newpost-catch’ to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance->Widgets and configure the widget options.
- Apply your own css style
(Located in the plug-in directory) CSS “style.css” file the default
(Please create a directory under the “/wp-content/themes/theme directory/css/”) CSS file for customization “newpost-catch.css”
newpost-catch.css > style.css
Will be applied at.
With regard to CSS will either use the default CSS,
I used the CSS that you created in your own, please change to your liking.
With the version up of the plugin, so will be overwritten “style.css” file each time,
I think how to directly edit the “style.css” file and how would you or declined.
If you wish to apply a CSS style on its own,
In the “/wp-content/themes/theme directory/css/” as you please create a “newpost-catch.css”.
Please the name of the file to create and “newpost-catch.css”. The other is the file name, does not apply.
Can use the shortcode in a textwidget and theme files.
- id(string) – Name of the id attribute “ul” element(default:npcatch)
- post_type(string) – Use post types. Retrieves posts by Post Types(default:post)
- cat(int) – Use category id(default:NULL)
- width(int) – Thumbnail width px(default:10)
- height(int) – Thumbnail height px(default:10)
- posts_per_page(int) – Number of post to show per page(default:5)
- sticky(boolean) – Sticky posts or not(on:1 off:0 default:0)
- offset(int) – Number of post to displace or pass over(default:0)
- orderby(string) – Sort retrieved posts by parameter(default:date)
- order(string) – Designates the ascending or descending order of the ‘orderby’ parameter(default:DESC)
- date(boolean) – Display date(on:1 off:0 default:0)
- dynamic(boolean) – Show only articles in the same category as the article being displayed. If you specify both “cat” parameters, “dynamic” priority(on:1 off:0 default:0)
Example1. Want change id name of ul element.
Example2. Show only articles in the same category as the article being displayed.(post_type is “post” only. and is_single() == true )
When the post other than, post_type of the current page is the value of the priority parameter cat
Contributors & Developers
“Newpost Catch” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Compatibility check with WP 4.7.3.
- Change post_status only shows publish.
- Meta_key parameter is available with shortcode.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.7.2.
- Bugfix(thumbnail indication when shortcode was used).
- Compatibility check with WP 4.6.1.
- Required PHP5.3+(changed widgets_init hook).
- Abolished option page.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.5.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.4.2.
- Removed the same name method.
- Apply filters default thumbnail.
- The constructor method was corrected.
- The css reading order adjustment.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.1 and Twenty Fifteen Theme.
- Use post types. Retrieves posts by Post Types.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.0.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.9.
- Bugfix(Link to the Setting Thumbnails in the widget).
- The translation file modification.
- Add Admin Menu「Setting Thumbnails」.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.8.1.
- Fixed reading of newpost-catch.css file (when using child themes)
- Compatibility check with WP 3.8.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.7.1.
- Add Shortcode.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.6.
- Bugfix(the display the first image in the post).
- Compatibility check with WP 3.5.2.
- Update Screenshots No.2.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.5.1.
- Add option「Display date」「Display sticky post」「Use default css」「Display category(ies)」.
- Compatibility check with WP 3.5.
- Very minor changes that do not affect the operation of the plugin.
- Has been deleted in the action, webkit css3.
- If you do not have eye-catching image, the display the first image in the post.
- In the setting of the widget, so that you can change the ratio of variable width and height of the image size.
- Update the FAQ page
- Has been updated so that it does not include the “Stick this post to the front page”.
- A change since the previous version.
- First stable version.