This plugin makes it possible to have a menu that is controlled by the primary site but used throughout all other sites in the network.
- When a navigation menu position has no menu assigned, the “fallback” defaults to pages. This plugin over-rides that so that instead it uses the nav menu from the “main site” (site ID 1)
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/network-menu-fallbackdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Appearance->Menus screen to configure and assign a menu on the main site
- Remove any assigned menus from other sites in the network to allow them to fall back to the menu on the main site
Does this work with dynamic menus?
Can I use a site other than ID 1 as the fallback?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Network Menu Fallback” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release to WordPress plugin repository