NBA Standings adds the ability to display the standings for a conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA) on your blog via a sidebar widget or template tag. This is ideal for team fan blogs who want to show how their team is doing in the standings. You can also highlight your team in the standings.
Standings are derived from an XML file published daily at erikberg.com. The XML is saved to your WordPress settings and parsed from there to display on your blog.
- Download the .zip archive (link below) and extract.
- Upload the ‘nba-standings’ folder to your plugin directory. You should now have a ‘/wp-content/plugins/nba-standings/’ directory holding the contents of the .zip file.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Settings->NBA Standings’ in your admin interface to select the conference you’d like to display and the team you’d like to highlight.
To display via sidebar widget:
- Go to ‘Appearance->Widgets’ in your admin interface.
- Under ‘Available Widgets’ look for ‘NBA Standings’.
- Drag ‘NBA Standings’ to the sidebar.
- Enter a title for the widget and click the ‘Save’ button on the bottom of the widget.
To display via template tag add the following line of code to the place you’d like the standings to be displayed:
<?php if(function_exists(ShowNBAStandings)) : ShowNBAStandings(); endif; ?>
Contributors & Developers
“NBA Standings” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed API call to https.
- Initial release.