MyCSS is a WordPress plugin that allows you to attach your personal CSS stylesheet to your blog, regardless of the theme you might be using. This is useful for users who want extra control over the presentation of individual blog entries by using self-defined CSS classes without worrying about compatibility issues when switching theme from one to another.
Version 1.1 is for WordPress 2.5+ only. If you are using older WordPress version, please download the 1.0 version.
- imports user-defined stylesheet, independent of blog theme used
- provides convenient stylesheet editor in admin panel for fast editing
- does not write to your WordPress database
Once activated, you can either upload your self-defined stylesheet to
wp-content/plugins/mycss/my.css or copy and paste your CSS codes into the editor under “Presentation” menu.
my.css is writable on your server, a “644” permission should suffice.
1.1 [2008.04.18] – Updated admin panel markup for WordPress 2.5
1.0 [2006.07.25] – Initial release
- Download and extract the “mycss” folder
- Upload the “mycss” folder to your WordPress plugin directory, usually “wp-content/plugins”
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin panel