“MYC4 is an online marketplace that connects you directly with African
entrepreneurs, who lack capital to develop their businesses” – From MYC4 About
This plugin gives you the ability to show your blog readers the businesses
in which you invested using the MYC4 platform.
If you want to upgrade from version 0.4 and bellow you will have to move the
Images and Resources folders from the plugin directory to the wp-content/myc4
directory before you upgrade. This way the images are saved.
If you didn’t read this before you upgraded you will have to delete the
imported posts and reimport otherwise the images in those posts will not be
The “MYC4 Import” plugin can be installed by following this steps:
1. Unzip "myc4-import" archive and put all files into your "plugins" folder (/wp-content/plugins/) or to create a sub directory into the plugins folder (recommanded), like /wp-content/plugins/myc4-import/ 2. Make sure the webserver can write files and create folders inside the folder wp-content/myc4 on Unix this should do: mkdir wp-content/myc4 chmod 777 wp-content/myc4 3. Activate the plugin 4. Inside the WordPress admin, go to Settings > MYC4 import, adjust the parameters according to your needs, and save them. The format for your MYC4 feed link is: https://www.myc4.com/RSS/UserBidsRSS.ashx?c=<UserID> To find your UserId view your investor profile from https://www.myc4.com/Invest/Investors and look at the last number in the url, that's your MYC4 id The templates for the post title and content use the values storred in the $b array. Here are the possible values you can use: <?=$b['name']?> - name on Myc4 profile <?=$b['smallimg']?> - full link to the avatar image ( locally hosted ) <?=$b['cimg']?> - full link to country flag image ( locally hosted ) <?=$b['largeimg']?> - full link to large image ( locally hosted ) <?=$b['cname']?> - country name <?=$b['shortDesc']?> - short description, the one you can see on the loan page <?=$b['longDesc']?> - long description, this is the one from the "Background" page <?=$b['largeimg']?> - the first large image from the "Background" page. <?=$b['amount']?> - bid amount <?=$b['irate']?> - interest rate <?=$b['link']?> - link to profile page 5. click Import and Publish Bids to fetch your active bids from myc4 and import them as posts in your blog.
Contributors & Developers
“MYC4 importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- changed the data dir to wp-content/myc4 insead of the plugin dir so that
plugin upgrades would not delete the data
- integrated with twitter tools so now you can chose to send the new myc4
profiles to twitter or not.
- added dashboard widget with rss feeds from http://microfinance.fm
- bumped stable version number
- removed some debugging text
- added some description about the variables that can be used in the post title
and body templates
- modified to work with the new myc4 site layout
- added details about the MYC4 rss link