Since the time we start our journey on internet we keep accumulating multiple online profiles.
Sometimes it feels so weird to tell our friends which nickname has been used for which site
This plugin helps you in showcasing all or rather most of your profiles at one place
and in turn provides an opportunity for bloggers to expand there networks on multiple sites
without the troubles of remembering various nicknames all the time
Some of the salient features of this plugin
- Simple hassle free widget + admin panel to add websites.
- for those not having widget enabled theme or don’t want to use widget we now have function call enabled. [refer FAQ section]
- If your favourite site is missing its as easy as 1 2 3 to add your website in the list [refer
- support showcasing of multiple profiles [refer FAQ]
So go ahead and grab it to start flaunting your profiles on your very own blog.
myprofilesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Myprofiles admin page and add your details.
- What if my site is missing
In case you find that your favorite site is missing all you need is
- your profile URL
- img in 16 x 16 pixel format.
to add one more site in the list just check
myprofiles_global.phpit contains an array list with all sites index one by one,
Just at the end add your site details
"<website_name>" => Array( "name" => 'myprofiles_<website_name>', "favicon" => 'images/<website_name>.png', "url" => '<profile_url>', )
Just Replace with your website name
place 16 x 16 pixel large image of website “preferably FAVICON” in
Just replace with your personal url but change your nickname / profile_number to
and voila your new profile is in the admin interface just add your nick and you are good to go
example for profile_url =>
http://www.twitter.com/anantshriwill be converted to
If in case of doubt feel free to contact me http://anantshri.info?page=contact or post message at the forum.
- how to use this plugin without widget
With version 0.6 you can eassily use this plugin even without using widget interface.
in order to use this you just have to call
<?php show_myprofiles(); ?>anywhere inside the body or footer.
But you have to keep in mind that this function will give you a list of all your profile’s with images
but styling is not inclided in it. that is to be taken care by the theme editor only.
(in case some one need’s help i am always ready to help)
- how to add multiple profiles
Use the same box in myprofiles admin section just place your usernames by
Contributors & Developers
“My Profiles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- XHTML compliance
- option to directly add using function call reducing dependency on widget option. [refer FAQ section on how to use it].
- Added support for multiple profile
- added internationalization option <- need more help on making it truly international
- removed sidebar php file and instead created a generic function to display all profile