This plugin provides LDAP authentification on Open LDAP server.
When a ldap user is submited for the first time, it is created into wordpress database en authenticated trying LDAP and Database auth.
1.2 – Correct some bugs (thanks to Duffy for report;)
1.1 – Add password sync LDAP to Mysql
1.0 – Original release.
This plugin is based on simple-ldap-login by Clif GRIFIN
For the needs of our company, we wanted to use our openldap directory to authenticate our users on wordpress. In place of modify simple-ldap-plugin, i decided to do a new one making all we want, but based on simple-ldap-login that seduced me by its simplicity.
- Upload the directory “mxc-ldap” to the
- Customize settings by modifying mxc-ldap.php
- For the moment messages are in french. Maybe a localization will come. For the moment you have to customize by hand.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Howto add a feature ?
If you feel able to … do it! If not contact me, i could spend time if you don’t want this to be done in the next minute … i ‘m not really able to have more than 24 hours a day.
E-mail me: olivier.fontes[at]maxicours.com
- How passwd is syncrchonized to mysql
Some users of this plugin asked me to have ability to authenticate user if LDAP is unavailable, using mysql as a password cache. I added a patch that update mysql password every time a successful LDAP auth is done.