- Download the plugin and uncompress it with your preferred unzip programme
- Copy the entire directory in your plugin directory of your WordPress blog (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin in your plugin administration page (by the network administrator on all the blogs or by the root blog administrator for each particular blog).
- You need to activate the plugin once in each blog, set the configuration in Settings -> Multisite Language Switcher
Now you can:
- connect your translated pages and posts in Posts -> Edit or Page -> Edit
- connect your translated categories and tags in Posts -> Categories or Post -> Tags
- connect your Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies across languages
- use the widget, the shortcode [sc_msls] and/or a content_filter which displays a hint to the user if a translation is available
- optionally you can place the code
<?php if ( function_exists( 'the_msls' ) ) the_msls(); ?> directly in your theme files
Review the Multisite Language Switcher Website for more information.