The output strings of standard WordPress function comments-number can not be correct for languages having more than one form of plurals (All Slavic languages for example). Multilingual Comments Number plugin corrects this problem.
- English (of course)
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send .po and .mo files to me so that I can bundle it into Multilingual Comments Number.
More info you can see on the plugin page
- Upload plugin dir to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That is all.
What about “numeric only” strings?
“Numeric only” strings are not filtering by miltilingual-comments-number and will be send to result document AS IS.
What about HTML tagged strings?
All HTML tags are saved. Only text will be translated.
For example: comments_number send to result page this code
<a href="ext-comments-editor.php">21 comments</a>
resulting string after Multilingual Comments Number filtering for ru_RU:
<a href="ext-comments-editor.php">21 комментарий</a>
Contributors & Developers
“Multilingual Comments Number” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WordPress 6.0 ready
- WordPress 5.8 ready
- WordPress 5.2 ready
- WordPress 5.1 ready
- WordPress 4.6 ready
- WordPress 4.5 ready
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- WordPress 4.2 compatibility
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Some changes
- Plugin Settings moved from Plugin Admin Page to Discussion Settings Page
- WordPress Settings API are used
- Now the plugin codes are using WordPress 3.0+ standards (PHP5 only)
- ‘No comments’ and ‘One comment’ strings settings added
- Admin page added
- code optimisation
- WordPress 2.8 compatibility checked
- Code optimisation
- Czech language added
- Initial upload