The output strings of standard WordPress function comments-number can not be correct for languages having more than one form of plurals (All Slavic languages for example). Multilingual Comments Number plugin corrects this problem.
- English (of course)
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send .po and .mo files to me so that I can bundle it into Multilingual Comments Number.
More info you can see on the plugin page
- Upload plugin dir to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That is all.
What about “numeric only” strings?
“Numeric only” strings are not filtering by miltilingual-comments-number and will be send to result document AS IS.
What about HTML tagged strings?
All HTML tags are saved. Only text will be translated.
For example: comments_number send to result page this code
<a href="ext-comments-editor.php">21 comments</a>
resulting string after Multilingual Comments Number filtering for ru_RU:
<a href="ext-comments-editor.php">21 комментарий</a>
Contributors & Developers
“Multilingual Comments Number” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Multilingual Comments Number” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WordPress 6.0 ready
- WordPress 5.8 ready
- WordPress 5.2 ready
- WordPress 5.1 ready
- WordPress 4.6 ready
- WordPress 4.5 ready
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- WordPress 4.2 compatibility
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Some changes
- Plugin Settings moved from Plugin Admin Page to Discussion Settings Page
- WordPress Settings API are used
- Now the plugin codes are using WordPress 3.0+ standards (PHP5 only)
- ‘No comments’ and ‘One comment’ strings settings added
- Admin page added
- code optimisation
- WordPress 2.8 compatibility checked
- Code optimisation
- Czech language added
- Initial upload