Installation instructions have changed in this version!
This is extension for Multisite Language Switcher plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-language-switcher/
All comments posted on translation-joined pages are displayed on all translation-joined posts. See installation instructions if you want to store all comments into one blog. Advantages: all comments have reply links.
You need to edit the comments.php in your theme folder if you want to store all the comments into one (primary) blog:
* activate the plugin first,
* find “comment_form” function call,
* add “MslsComments::switchBlog();” just in front of it,
* add “MslsComments::restoreBlog();” just below it,
* change the “comment_form();” to “comment_form( array(), MslsComments::postId() );”,
* calls don’t have to be removed if you switch off primary blog functionality.
* comments counters on multiple post web pages do not work correctly (total = current on page + 1 if post is valid)
* notifications are always send in the primary blog’s language, when storing all comments in one blog
* comment_id counter in a blog should not be higher than 100,000,000
Contributors & Developers
“Multisite Language Switcher Comments by Eyga.net” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version
- Fixing readme file
- Comments from all linked posts are displayed on a chosen post. New comments can still be stored in the first blog.
- Comment counters on single post now work correctly.
- Hidden “reply” links on comments from non-primary blogs.
- Hidden “edit” links on comments from other blogs.
- Simplification of installation procedure.
- Fixing readme file
- Better support for displaying only comments from joined blogs (when not storing them all in one blog).
- Writing comments to active blog when it is not joined to primary blog.
- Update comment counters on all joined blogs.
- Settings are now stored in site options (wp_sitemeta table, msls_comments field). You have to (for now) manually edit SQL table to change settings.
- Fixes on writing comments to active blog when it is not joined to primary blog.