The mPress Custom Front Page plugin allows to you set any post or page, including custom post types, as the homepage.
Let’s say you have created a ‘landing page’ post type. This post type provides you with all the input fields and default
design needed to make awesome landing pages easy. These landing pages are so awesome, in fact, that you decide to use one as your homepage.
But wait, WordPress won’t let you do that… until now! Just install mPress Custom Front Page and you can select any page, post or custom post type
to be the homepage on your site.
Using this plugin is simple:
- Install the plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Go to ‘Reading’ under ‘Settings’ in the WordPress admin menu and select the desired front page.
- Save your changes
- Works with custom post types
- No settings page, just adds additional post types to the front page dropdown
- Clean, well written code that won’t bog down your site
- Updated dropdown in customizer to support all registered post types (thanks https://github.com/WebDevLan4You).
- Tested in WordPress version 4.6.1
- Tested in WordPress version 4.5.2
- Reformatted code
- Added PHP docBlock for class and methods.
- Updated tested WordPress version to 3.6.1
- Initial commit