movingboxes-wp presents images from the WordPress media library as a MovingBoxes image gallery using a shortcode to position it in your posts or pages. As well as display images along with titles and short captionsl links can be also added.
Images are added to the galleries by uploading via the WordPress Media Gallery and attaching them to the post or page on which they will be displayed. The MovingBoxes gallery can be configured to customise the starting panel, gallery width, panel width, reduced size, fixed height, speed, use of hash tags, wrapping the slider animation, controlling navigation and the animation easing.
The Moving Boxes jQuery code was originally written by Chris Coyier (css-tricks.com) and is currently being updated and maintained by Mottie. It is available from GitHub here: https://github.com/chriscoyier/MovingBoxes. Documentation for the actual image gallery can be found here: https://github.com/chriscoyier/MovingBoxes/wiki.
- WordPress 3.0+ (Not tested on earlier versions but may work.)
- PHP 5+ (Recommended)
- IE 7+, FireFox 3.6+, Chrome, Safari 3+, Opera 8+
- Unzip and upload the folder and all files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Upload your images to the WordPress media library
/wp-admin/media-new.phpand attach them to the appropriate page/post.
- Place the shortcode [MovingBoxes] in the location that you want the gallery to appear.
- Control the galleries settings in
None as yet. If you have a question please ask it here: http://www.web-first.co.uk/wordpress/moving-boxes-wordpress-plugin/
Contributors & Developers
“movingboxes-wp” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support link
- Fixed plugin link
- Initial release. Provides basic configuration options and the original template.