MotorDesk is a revolutionary automotive dealership management platform, designed to simplify and modernise your automotive stock/inventory management, advertising, communication, sales, social media & website.
The MotorDesk WordPress plugin connects your WordPress website to your MotorDesk account, giving you the full benefits of the MotorDesk platform combined with the flexibility of maintaining your own independent WordPress website.
Whether you’re looking to integrate your vehicle stock into an existing website, or would simply prefer to build your used/new car dealership website in WordPress, the MotorDesk plugin is the perfect solution.
Features & Benefits:
- Connect your MotorDesk account to your WordPress website in seconds, simply install and insert the [MOTORDESK] shortcode into your page content.
- Provides a powerful used car/automotive search tool with automotive inventory listings, helping your visitors find their perfect vehicle.
- Provides individual vehicle information pages to help your visitors evalutate each car, motorbike and truck.
- Designed with developers and customisation in mind. Start with the default layout, then endlessly customise the simple template files to suit your needs.
- Provides access to all your MotorDesk vehicle data within your WordPress installation, including full vehicle specications, optional extras and more.
- Whenever you update a vehicle in MotorDesk it will update on your WordPress website automatically, within 1 minute.
- Integrate with MotorDesk’s vehicle reservation and enquiry forms using iframes to take advantage of MotorDesk’s Leads & Chat system.
Once you have installed the MotorDesk plugin simply log-in to your WordPress administration panel and select the ‘MotorDesk’ link.
Select ‘Connect MotorDesk’ and log-in to your MotorDesk account, then confirm the connection.
Once connected go to the ‘Pages’ section in your WordPress administration panel and create a page to be used for your vehicle search results. We recommend setting a permalink URL slug of ‘vehicles’, ‘used-cars’ or similar.
Add the [MOTORDESK] shortcode to the page content, and you’re done!
Visit the page on your website and you will see your vehicle search form and vehicles, and when selected you will be taken to an information page for each vehicle.
When you’re ready to customise your templates go to the plugin directory and duplicate the /template/ directory to be called /template_custom/, then modify the files in the /template_custom/ directory as you require – this will protect against your changes being overwritten when the plugin is updated. Please ensure you maintain a separate backup of your /template_custom/ directory in case of upgrade failures.
Alternatively you can maintain the template files in another location in which case you can set the path to your templates directory below.
Do you provide technical support?
Yes, all our membership plans include comprehensive technical support for the MotorDesk platform.
Can I modify the plugin?
Yes, you are free to modify the plugin to suit your needs, but please keep in mind any modifications made to the plugin files will be lost when the plugin is updated.
If you would like to modify the templates simply duplicate the /template/ directory and call it /template_custom/, this directory will be protected from being overwritten by updates.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“MotorDesk” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MotorDesk” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
First official release of plugin.
No changes, testing upgrade process with custom templates.
Adding [MOTORDESK] shortcode.
Adding custom template directory path setting in admin.