MongoLantern WP is a wordpress plugin to enable MongoLantern Fulltext Search Engine into WordPress. It requires “mongodb” and “php-mongo” extension to perform its operations.
Try the Demo
If you’re interested to test MongoLantern WP is action, try out the search Test Drive on Trivian Official Blog.
Trivian Official Blog!!!
Here is a brief getting started guided for MongoLantern WordPress plugin. Please follow the following steps to have a running MongoLantern onto your wordpress blog.
- Verify php-mongo extension is installed into your web server or CGI process. You must also verify “mongod” process is runing properly.
- Unzip the package and upload contents ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory or else you can directly upload the zip package via WordPress default plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Now goto MongoLantern settings page and setup parameters there.
- Getting started guided with MongoLantern WordPress plugin
Here is the getting started guided to get going with MongoLantern WordPress plugin. Getting Started with MongoLantern WP
- What are the prerequisites to use MongoLantern wordpress plugin?
To use MongoLantern:
* you must install mongodb server(http://www.mongodb.org/downloads).
* you must also install mongo-php extension(http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/PHP+Language+Center) to the web server or into your CGI process.
- Can I use my existing WordPress theme with MongoLantern?
Yes, surely. MongoLantern is designed to be compatible with any wordpress template having search facily embeded into.
If the search box is not embeded into theme itself then you can use the WordPress Sidebar Search widget, to use MongoLantern.
Contributors & Developers
“MongoLantern WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
1.0.1 – alpha
- Alpha development just started, waiting for reviews and bugs.
- Index posts and pages.
- Search using MongoLantern via wordpress default search box.
- Cluster support enabled via mongos routing process.