This plugin adds a ‘tweet’ shortcode to embed tweets using Twitter’s shortcode format,
[tweet https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/145262716104351747 ]
- The plugin uses Twitter’s statuses/oembed API endpoint to retrieve embedded tweets identified by the id at the end of the url in the shortcode parameter
- It caches retrieved tweets on the server to minimize API usage.
- Allows you to control the width of the embedded tweet.
- Fixes a
clear:both;issue in Twitter’s CSS.
- Tweet functionality (e.g., retweet and follow buttons) can be displayed in multiple languages.
- Upload the
modern-media-tweet-shortcodedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Tweak your settings in Options > Embedded Tweets
Contributors & Developers
“Modern Media Tweet Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed faulty directory layout which put the plugin in a subdirectory, breaking the plugin installation when installed from the Plugins > Add Plugin panel
- Initial release.