The Mobile Comments Signature plugin uses an efficient script to detect comments made from a mobile browser and then appends a signature to the comment.
The signature text is user-defined, accepts light HTML markup, and can be aligned left, center, or right. A testing mode allows the administrator to append
the signature to existing comments for live-site viewing.
The plugin is simple, targeted, lightweight, and fully commented.
Possible plugin uses:
- Integration into a plugin package for the mobile version of your site
- To get a feel for the number of commenters visiting and commenting from a mobile phone/browser
- Emails sent from a mobile phone often notify recipients of such and warn that spelling errors may occur. Mobile Comments Signature can be used
as similar notification for your WordPress site
An options page is included that allows a user to:
- Define the text to be appended
- Toggle appending the signature on/off
- Toggle separating the signature from comment text with a horizontal line
- Align the signature left, center, or right
- Preview the signature on the options page with a simulated comment
- Toggle test mode to fake a mobile browser and test the signature on actual comments
Please direct all bug or incompatibility reports to the plugin page @ Blog Ingenuity.
- Will this affect other plugins that already append stuff to my comments?
It shouldn’t. I’ve already made a revision to specifically prevent this after discovering it on my own site. Let me know if you still have issues.
- Does this also add a signature to posts?
Not at this time, though the functionality is being considered. If you’re interested in it, let me know.
- Will you be internationalizing the plugin?
If there’s enough interest in the plugin in general, then yes.
- Fixed a code error in initial security check
- Fixed an error where the plugin version was not displaying properly on the plugin options page
- Updated to version 1.0 and removed beta designation
- Verified compatability with WordPress 2.8
- Updated readme to reflect latest compatibility
- Updated main PHP file to reflect latest version compatibility
- No functional plugin changes
- Initial WordPress.org repository release
- Add plugin page link to options page bio box
- Amended readme
- Initial Beta Release