The Mobile Comments Signature plugin uses an efficient script to detect comments made from a mobile browser and then appends a signature to the comment.
The signature text is user-defined, accepts light HTML markup, and can be aligned left, center, or right. A testing mode allows the administrator to append
the signature to existing comments for live-site viewing.
Mobile Comments Signature was designed based on a request described at my site, Blog Ingenuity, and that
originated in a WordPress forum thread.
The plugin is simple, targeted, lightweight, and fully commented.
Possible plugin uses:
- Integration into a plugin package for the mobile version of your site
- To get a feel for the number of commenters visiting and commenting from a mobile phone/browser
- Emails sent from a mobile phone often notify recipients of such and warn that spelling errors may occur. Mobile Comments Signature can be used
as similar notification for your WordPress site
An options page is included that allows a user to:
- Define the text to be appended
- Toggle appending the signature on/off
- Toggle separating the signature from comment text with a horizontal line
- Align the signature left, center, or right
- Preview the signature on the options page with a simulated comment
- Toggle test mode to fake a mobile browser and test the signature on actual comments
Please direct all bug or incompatibility reports to the plugin page @ Blog Ingenuity.