This plugin allows you to display the most recent posts from your favourite blogs somewhere on your site.
It utilises the RSS link field from the blogroll for each of your links. If the RSS link exists it attempts to get the last posts from it.
It then displays the most recent X number of posts depending on your settings, ordered by date. This means that some blogs will contribute many more items to the list than others, simply because they post more frequently.
Support is provided at http://www.complexli.com/contact/
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Put the ‘mixed-updates.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ next to Mixed Updates.
- Go to the Options > Mixed Updates and configure your options.
- Go to Manage – Links and either add RSS feed links to your existing links or add new links with their RSS feed (the RSS feed link goes into the Advanced section on the Manage – Links page).
- For a non widget sidebar use this function to display a list of results:
if (function_exists(‘mixed_updates’)) mixed_updates();
- For widget sidebars just go to your Widgets page in your admin and add the widget.
None so far.
Contributors & Developers
“Mixed Updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First public version, based on What Others Are Saying