Almost everyone needs a contact form for their website. But you quickly realize that it is not that easy to find a suitable plugin.
Either you end up with huge form builders that are simply too bulky for a single contact form, or you find a small plugin that doesn’t meet your requirements.
Minimal Contact Form is designed to address precisely this problem:
- It is a simple contact form without a lot of extras.
- All form fields are validated and sanitized.
- You can choose to whom the emails are sent.
- The form data is sent via AJAX.
- Sending with WP Mail (SMTP) or PHP Mail is selectable.
- No annoying captchas are used for spam detection, but the honeypot method.
- Predefined GDPR-compliant messages with or without checkbox will be displayed.
- In case of consent, the recipient will be informed directly in the e-mail.
- The plugin is completely translatable (English, German, Spanisch, Italian, French and Russian already available).
- Due to the new privacy options, this plugin requires WordPress 4.9.6 or up.
If you want to translate this plugin into another language, you are welcome! English, German (informal & formal), Spanish, Italian, French and Russian are already there. I used the plugin Loco Translate, but I suppose that other ways should be compatible as well.
See room for improvement?
Great! There are several ways you can get involved to help make this plugin better:
- Report Bugs: If you find a bug, error or other problem, please report it! You can do this by creating a new topic in the plugin forum or creating an issue on Github.
- Suggest New Features: Have an awesome idea? Please share it! Simply create a new topic in the plugin forum to express your thoughts on why the feature should be included and get a discussion going around your idea.
- Issue Pull Requests: If you’re a developer, the easiest way to get involved is to help out on issues already reported in GitHub.
You can also buy me a coffee to support me!
- Upload the entire
minimal-contact-formfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Place the shortcode
[minimal_contact_form]in your contact page.
You will find ‘Contact Form’ menu in your WordPress options panel. Please also read the contextual help.
For basic usage, please read the ‘Overview’ section directly in the plugin settings.
If you have any questions, please use the support forum. If there are frequently asked question I will sum them up here.
Can I have feature X?
Since Minimal Contact Form is designed for ease of use, I choose new features very carefully. Also, updates should always take into account existing web pages and should not include breaking changes. Nevertheless, you are welcome to submit requests for new features.
Where are the styling options?
Minimal Contact Form is configured in such a way that you can use it without much configuration. The look of the form is kept very neutral. However, if you want to customize it, you can use the Custom CSS field in the settings. Since version
0.10.0you can also use predefined CSS variables. You can find an overview of them in the help of the plugin.
How do I use Minimal Contact Form in Gutenberg or a builder theme?
Currently you can only embed Minimal Contact Form with a shortcode. However, I am working on making the plugin available as a module in Gutenberg, Divi and Breakdance in version
1.0. Help is welcome for these builders as well as for others.
Contributors & Developers
“Minimal Contact Form” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Minimal Contact Form” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Minimal Contact Form” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.2
- Bugfix: GDPR consent checkbox gets blocked by Brave browser’s cookie notice filter
- Custom styling for GDPR opt-in checkbox
- CSS Variables for easier styling the contact form
- Contextual help for CSS variables
- New languages: Spanish, Italian, French & Russian
- Bugfix: Labels didn’t have a required id in the form fields
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
- Moved overview to contextual help
- New styling options
- Better default styles
- Custom CSS
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0
- Buymeacoffee link in Readme
- GitHub Actions for Deployment
- Tested up to WordPress 5.7
- No Changes, but tested up to WordPress 5.3
- Design changes for validation
- Optional field for phone numbers
- Bugfix: Version number update
- New language: German (formal)
- Readme and License for Github
- WordPress SVN Assets fix (hopefully)
- Small changes in the deploy.sh (which won’t be published anymore)
- This is the first release on WordPress repository. Sorry, no other changes yet.
- This is the first official release!