MIGHTYSHARE: GENERATE SOCIAL IMAGES
Automatically generate social share preview images with MightyShare! MightyShare takes your post title and featured image to generate a beautiful share image for your content. Compatible with posts, pages, and custom post types your social shares will look stunning in no time. Customize templates with your brand colors, logo, and more.
To use the plugin you’ll need to create a free MightyShare account.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
MightyShare sends your post’s title, featured image, and post meta data to our server to generate a social share image on the fly using your API Key.
- Automatically generate social share images for posts and pages!
- Perfect solution for branded social images.
- Robust customization.
- SEO plugin compatibility: Yoast SEO, RankMath, All in One SEO, and The SEO Framework.
- Adds open graph meta tags if you don’t have an SEO plugin.
- Multiple templates to choose from.
- New templates monthly!
- Works with custom post types.
- Developer hooks for creating just about anything!
- Pick any Google Font to use in templates for paid plans.
To install this plugin:
- Download the plugin
- Upload the plugin to the wp-content/plugins directory,
- Go to “plugins” in your WordPress admin, then click activate.
- Add a MightyShare.io API key into settings > MightyShare.
- Ensure each post type is enabled you want MightyShare enabled on.
Yes! You can use MightyShare for free using our free account allowing you 50 renders a month. Paid plans start at $5 that allow you to generate hundreds of social images.
How does image generation work?
When is an image rendered?
The MightyShare plugin places a signed MightShare image URL onto your meta tags. Images aren’t rendered until that URL is visited (either by a user or crawler). Typically you’ll see a 5 second delay in a social preview image loading when it’s first shared.
Why aren’t my images showing up?
If you are using an SEO plugin be sure to have a default image set for the type of content you want MightyShare to show on. For example in Yoast SEO you need to go to the Facebook section and set a default Open Graph image, this allows MightyShare to run filtering those meta tags. Additionally make sure you’ve cleared any caching mechanisms you may have. Still having issues? Contact Us.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“MightyShare – Auto-Generated Social Media Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Google Font selection for users on a paid plan.
- New template options modal.
- Bug fix template selector not showing up correctly.
- Changed default render format to JPEG from PNG.
- Option to use post excepts as subheadings in MightyShare templates.
- Bug fix for MightyShare not setting a correct height/width for OG images when using Yoast.
- Bug fix that didn’t allow settings checkboxes to be unchecked.
- Bug fix for initial install showing PHP warnings.
- Bug fix when overwriting background image urls with the MightyShare filter.
- New template browser to easily select a template.
- New API Key details when entered in the MightyShare settings.
- New template (float-1).
- New feature that allows you to overwrite template options by post type.
- Added option to provide a fallback image.
- New option to overwrite post titles that is used for the MightyShare renders.
- Grey color added to background of logo field so you can see white logos.
- Plenty of bug fixes.
- Added ability to enable MightyShare on taxonomies (archive pages)!
- Code bug fixes.
- 3 New templates added (8bit-1, bold-1 and bold-2).
- Bug fixes causing MightyShare not to display.
- New template added (clean-3).
- Bug fix preventing posts from showing the correct MightyShare state.
- New template added (mighty-3).
- Bug fix MightyShare not working on custom post types.
- Bug fix for logo display in settings.
- Added compatibility with All in One SEO Pack and The SEO Framework.
- 2 new template added (standard-3 and clean-1).
- PHP bug fix.
- Show detected SEO plugin on settings page.
- Bug fix for plugin install message.
- Initial Release.