Microblogger allows you to easily create a microblog sidebar with quick updates of your thoughts and actions, but it also comes with a useful blog activity tracker so your readers can keep up to date with the rest of your community! The plugin is highly customisable, allowing you to have complete control over the way your bloggings are shown to your audience.
The plugin is also accompanied by a mobile UI that will allow you to write microblogs and see recent activity on any wap/GPRS/3G mobile phone – for the cost of around 3KBs data transfer (1 or 2 pence UK depending on your network provider)!
Also, the modular design of the plugin opens the door for third party additions to the plugin.
Development is still very much on going, so frequent updates are to be expected!
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated! So please drop me a line on the comments area of the microblog page on my blog, or at email@example.com
The first wordpress microblog that requires no external services! – Just plug and play away!
A recent activity tracker for your blog – from comments to posts.
Mobile microblogging UI for any wap enabled phone.
Full control over the layout and design of your microblog.
You steer the boat! If you have any feature requests or bugs, I’m more than happy to implement/fix them for you!
!NEW! Generate an RSS v2.0 feed from the microblog!
The release plan:
- A post management system that will allow the admin to quickly and simply edit, delete and add posts to they’re microblogger.
- Improvements to the mobile blogging pages (nicer UI ETC).
- Post microblogs to twitter automaticly!
- More bug fixes followed by a 2 week gestation period in which time if no more bugs are reported microblogger will hit 1.0-FINAL!
- Critical bug fix release.
- Admin user experience vastly improved with tick boxes – no more ‘TRUE’ or ‘FALSE’ – thanks for putting up with that.
- 1 Low-key bug squashed.
- RSS Feeds can now be generated by the plugin!
- A multitude of bug fixes in various different areas.
- Mobile UI now able to connect to DBs that have different usernames to that of the database. — Thanks go to David for pointing this out.
- Added the write microblog widget to the backend – also the settings to turn that on|off.
- Most likely fixed a bug that stopped some users accessing the microblog menu. If you find this is incorrect, please contact me!
- Initial Release
- Help help! I’m having trouble getting to the ‘Microblog!’ page from the admin menu!
Please tell me! This is a long term bug that appears sporadicly, I would be very grateful if you could drop a post on the comments part of the page on my blog with the exact error message. That way I’ll stand more chance of being able to actually fix this. EDIT: I think the problem is solved, but don’t quote me, confirmed later.
- I’ve found a bug with the plugin, how should I contact you?
An email would be great thanks (firstname.lastname@example.org), failing that the comments section of the microblog page of my blog would be great – thanks again!