- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Make a backup copy of the .htaccess file in the root directory of your site, if there is one.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Inline version numbering for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Confirmation of compatibility with WordPress 4.7.
- No functional changes.
- Confirms compatibility with WordPress 4.6.
- Remove unused function which appeared outside the class structure.
- Corrects README and plugin comment.
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.5.
- Don’t change file paths if they already contain a version number.
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.4.2.
- Remove htaccess rule when deactivating plugin.
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.4.
- Ensure that .htaccess rules are maintained cleanly when accessing Permalink section in wp-admin.
- Thanks to http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/users/1685/thedeadmedic for the assistance.
- Extend regex pattern in .htaccess to recognize version numbers containing dots and dashes.
- Use the
admin-inithook to update the .htaccess file whenever the version number changes. (e.g. when updating the plugin from the repository.) This is in addition to the modification which takes place when the plugin is activated.
- Minor corrections to README.
- Temporarily remove .htaccess update on plugin update, due to a bug.
- Update .htaccess when the plugin is updated from the plugin repository.
- Correct version number across all files in the plugin.
- Use better code solution by Dominik Schilling. (https://dominikschilling.de/880/) No copyright breach intended: just making this plugin code available through the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Only modify resource src if it contains
- Tweak PHP code spacing
- Modify plugin URI and key to reflect adoption in WordPress plugin repository.
- Update code to use
- Initial version