Metronet Google Maps allows you to create multiple Google Maps with multiple markers to insert anywhere
within your WordPress site.
It has the following features:
- A very simple interface for adding maps and markers.
- A location finder which queries Google to get the latitude/longitude for your address.
- The ability to upload marker icons for each location.
- A WYSIWYG editor for adding rich content for each location.
- Upload ‘metronet-google-maps’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on “Google Maps” in the left hand menu.
- Once you have created and saved your map, click “Get shortcode” and paste the value (e.g. [map id=70])
into your content area in the relevant page.
- Why does my map look a bit funky?
Be careful that you don’t have styles that are targeting any elements inside the map (such as img or div tags).
I’ve put in a few styles that fix common issues within the generic WordPress themes, however you could have
your own custom styles that are messing with HTML elements within the map.
- Why aren’t my markers showing on the map?
Make sure that once you’ve added your marker(s) that you remember to click “Save Map” to finish the process.
In the future I’m looking to add the ability to have the map saving automatically as you add new markers.
- Why is my map zoomed in so far?
If you only add one location then the plugin bounds to that location, therefore zooming in as close as possible.
I’ll be looking to add a zoom override in future updates.
Contributors & Developers
“Metronet Google Maps” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Metronet Google Maps.