MetaBackGround will let you specify a post background by adding a custom field. This is not the sorcerer’s stone, but some users are not comfortable with php and editing of theme files, so all they need to do is install this plugin.
Installation is simple:
- Download MetaBackGround
- upload to yoursite/wp-content/plugins directory
Now all you need to do is write a post. Then add custom fields to display a background image:
BGIMAGE : provide the link to your image as value.
BGIMAGECSS : as value, enter the how you want the image to be displayed.
- “no-repeat fixed center” will make the image stick to the middle of the page and not scroll
- “no-repeat top center” and the image floats at the top of the page
- “repeat-x” will repeat the image along the x-axis (that’s the width of the page)
Tip: you can upload an image via the image upload function. Upon upload, you’ll immediately see the link to the image you just uploaded. Copy it and paste into the custom field value.
Contributors & Developers
“MetaBackGround” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
March 07, 2009 – **Version 1.1
- added option to position the background image
January 17, 2009 – Version 1.0
- My wife’s birthday. I release this plugin.