Enable or disable WordPress Multisite backend menus. Adds options to toggle administration menus at Network Admin->Settings page under “Menu Settings”. WP already toggles the Plugins menu, I’ve added a bunch more in the same/similar way.
I use the plugin to simplify the menus available to the entire network of sites. I use this plugin in a Multisite installation to disable the Delete Blog, Permalinks, Import, Add Users and Theme customizer menus.
The plugin also removes some of the admin bar menu items as well.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin to your blog, Network Activate it
- Set multisite “Menu Settings” options at Network->Settings page
- Will this plugin also hide menus added by plugins? Maybe, if the parent page is hidden. Snoop into the code to see how to add your own remove_menu_page items.
- Will this plugin hide the corresponding items from the admin head favourites and toolbar? Yes. The +New and a couple others can be toggled
- Will this plugin disable media uploads? Yes. Well, from the Media menus at least.
- Will this plugin hide the media upload buttons? No. The Media Upload Buttons in the edit post/page form can be removed with my Toggle Meta Boxes Sitewide plugin.
- Can I have different menus for different roles of users on different blogs? No, this plugin toggles menus for all users and all blogs regardless of Cap/Role (only SuperAdmin can override the limits of the plugin however).
Contributors & Developers
“Menus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WP 4.6 tests OK, cleanup php notices